Blind spots - an appeal

Very sorry doesn't do much good when the cyclist is dead, which so easily happens.

SMIDSY, oh, you're dead.

Stop being a drama queen and making stuff up. No one died in this accident. Stop being a troll.

---------- Post added 27-04-2015 at 13:48 ----------

How on earth did you deduce that from what I stated?

I think having to pay to a new bike, making a formal apology and going on a course is a punishment, dont you?

Some people just hate cars and car drivers. Some (possibly cyclone im not sure) will lie and say they are cyclists and drivers but the truth is they arent. They are militant cyclists and love to stir up trouble.

The hit me if you dare attitude is a prime example of one of their tactics.

Edited by Timeh

Stop being a dram queen and making stuff up. No one died in this accident. Stop being a troll.

---------- Post added 27-04-2015 at 13:48 ----------

Some people just hate cars and car drivers. Some (possibly cyclone im not sure) will lie and say they are cyclists and drivers but the truth is they arent. They are militant cyclists and love to stir up trouble.

The hit me if you dare attitude is a prime example of one of their tactics.

I think that is the totally wrong approach.

When safety is being taken seriously, near misses are reviewed and lessons learned. Just because no body was killed, that's not a reason to relax.

Flight safety is where it is today because near misses are taken seriously. Similarly, the construction industry is getting better because the industry is prepared to learn from near misses.

Edited by Eater Sundae

My near miss occurred when I was approaching a main road T junction from a side road. I slowed towards the junction to come to a stop before the lines, looked right as its clearer, looked left and both clear so I did another quick look right and left and just noticed a motorbike wheel appearing into my left windsreen from behind the windscreen pillar.

The speed I was travelling matched the speed of the motorbike perfectly so he was completely hidden behind my passenger side windscreen pillar. I have a rock forwards and backwards around the pillar now.

My near miss occurred when I was approaching a main road T junction from a side road. I slowed towards the junction to come to a stop before the lines, looked right as its clearer, looked left and both clear so I did another quick look right and left and just noticed a motorbike wheel appearing into my left windsreen from behind the windscreen pillar.

The speed I was travelling matched the speed of the motorbike perfectly so he was completely hidden behind my passenger side windscreen pillar. I have a rock forwards and backwards around the pillar now.

I think that thick screen pillars are a modern problem. As car designs chase the very desirable 5-star Euro NCAP crash ratings, they move towards stronger and stronger protective shells around the driver and passengers, possibly at the expense of visibility. If they don't already do it, I think that Euro NCAP should include a minimum standard of visibility, or a loss of points for poor visibility. There's more to safety than just crash protection. Crash avoidance plays a part in assessing Euro NCAP ratings, so I hope that this is a part.

How on earth did you deduce that from what I stated?

I think having to pay to a new bike, making a formal apology and going on a course is a punishment, dont you?

Paying for a new bike is certainly not a punishment. It's simply restoring the status quo. And apologising is also not a punishment. It's by no means difficult or unpleasant to apologise.

The course is a very, very, minor punishment for putting someones life in serious risk.

---------- Post added 27-04-2015 at 14:53 ----------

Stop being a drama queen and making stuff up. No one died in this accident. Stop being a troll.

Car hits cyclists and you think it's being a troll or drama queen to say that cyclist COULD have been killed.

I can post a photo of my bike on the back of my car. Most cyclists are drivers. Most people recognise that car drivers hitting cyclists puts their life at risk.

Car hits cyclists and you think it's being a troll or drama queen to say that cyclist COULD have been killed.

When you do it over and over and over again no matter the situation then yes, thats exactly what it is and you know it is thats why you do it. Your trolling isnt even subtle or intelligent. Just blatant and rather dumb.

I repeat it again and again because I don't want some idiot in a car to kill me on my way to work.

Look at the other thread, there are 2 posters who don't know how to safely overtake a bike. They should be banned from driving.

---------- Post added 27-04-2015 at 15:09 ----------

And look at the people suggesting that the driver shouldn't be prosecuted. No harm, no foul, as far as they can see. Run someone over, no punishment required since they were lucky and you didn't kill them.