Number 2 and 59 bus

I left Sheffield after uni, in 2008, but during my time there I fondly remember getting on the buses to explore the sububrs. One of my favourite routes was the 2/59 which would come through Eccesall and Hunters Bar (where I lived) before going via the University and then onto CrossPool I think!

Are these routes now discountinued? I'd love pictures or something to remember these buses and routes by as I remember those days very fondly, roaming around Sheffield on a bus, in autumn, at a leisurely pace taking in my surroundings and wondering where I would end up next!

I left Sheffield after uni, in 2008, but during my time there I fondly remember getting on the buses to explore the sububrs. One of my favourite routes was the 2/59 which would come through Eccesall and Hunters Bar (where I lived) before going via the University and then onto CrossPool I think!

Are these routes now discountinued? I'd love pictures or something to remember these buses and routes by as I remember those days very fondly, roaming around Sheffield on a bus, in autumn, at a leisurely pace taking in my surroundings and wondering where I would end up next!

Somewhere on S.F. there is a whole thread devoted to the bus route mentioned. The old Outer Circular.

Somewhere on S.F. there is a whole thread devoted to the bus route mentioned. The old Outer Circular.
Here is a link to a thread about the route. From 1970 onwards the old No 2/3 Outer Circle was replaced by the 2/59 that did most of the circle but missed out the section between Crosspool and Malin Bridge. This route continued for quite some time after deregulation in 1986 but hasn't operated for quite a while now.