Where to buy a BBQ

Guest sibon

Pop to Clegg's flat in Rivelin Valley on the 8th May. Loads of household stuff going cheap then. I'm sure he'll have a BBQ.

He looks that sort.

Pop to Clegg's flat in Rivelin Valley on the 8th May. Loads of household stuff going cheap then. I'm sure he'll have a BBQ.

He looks that sort.

What 'sort' is that exactly? How can you define someone by BBQ ownership? Surely it transcends all ethnic and social groups.

Pete, I'm in the market for a good charcoal one too (as in, not the usual made-in-China tin/pig iron flatpack rubbish from B&Q and the like, as they just don't last).

I really was after one like my Dad's over in France, which is your bog standard round one mounted on a tripod/bicycle arrangement (like the Weber "One Touch", however without a lid and shallower), but which has a cast iron base dish. And search and try as I might (incl. online), no dice so far.

I've been to our local B&Q (Worksop), Wellbeck Estate's garden centre and our local Mole retailer. They're all pretty much shacked-up with Weber, not much else beside that. Weber units are certainly better-made than the B&Q-like own-brand stuff (you know the ones, e.g. those "half-oil drum" units), but IMHO not worth the premium pricing.

So far I've narrowed my choice down to a mid-range Dancook round unit (Argos do them, cheapest so far), but I'm still uhm-ing and ah-ing...and looking.

Edited by L00b

Pete, I'm in the market for a good charcoal one too (as in, not the usual made-in-China tin/pig iron flatpack rubbish from B&Q and the like, as they just don't last).

I really was after one like my Dad's over in France, which is your bog standard round one mounted on a tripod/bicycle arrangement (like the Weber "One Touch", however without a lid and shallower), but which has a cast iron base dish. And search and try as I might (incl. online), no dice so far.

I've been to our local B&Q (Worksop), Wellbeck Estate's garden centre and our local Mole retailer. They're all pretty much shacked-up with Weber, not much else beside that. Weber units are certainly better-made than the B&Q-like own-brand stuff (you know the ones, e.g. those "half-oil drum" units), but IMHO not worth the premium pricing.

So far I've narrowed my choice down to a mid-range Dancook round unit (Argos do them, cheapest so far), but I'm still uhm-ing and ah-ing...and looking.

That's exactly what I've found, I want a good BBQ but I'm not so keen on he roundness of the Weber.

I'm thinking of possibly the outback 200:

http://www.outbackdirect.co.uk/outback-omega-200-charcoal-bbq-grill-in-midnight-blue.html

or the Landmann Tennessee:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Landmann-Tennessee-Broiler-Charcoal-BBQ/dp/B00I53XUII/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1430396294&sr=1-1&keywords=landmann+tennessee