Where to buy a BBQ

I took the plunge yesterday, as it happens, and bought this (actual BBQ and e-tail site) after reading reviews and a few vids (mostly on German sites, of all places!) It had been on my radar awhile, and seems the best amongst my possibles.

Better deal than Argos online (cheaper than Argos by £30, same price as Argos after including the official cover).

Free delivery (can't remember if Argos was free as well or not), and overnight as it happens: I ordered it yesterday around 13:30, it turned up at home at 11:00 this morning via UK Mail! :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

• 2 weeks later...
I took the plunge yesterday, as it happens, and bought this
Done two BBQs with that unit to date.

The quality of the unit and fittings is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's solid, mostly stainless steel and quite heavy, sturdy as a Panzer (feels like you could drop walls with it).

Dead easy to clean: stainless wipes clean off, the inner bucket (the unit is double-walled, there's a 'half-egg bucket' inside) with the ash just lifts up for emptying into <whatever>, the grills (small coal-supporting at bottom and cooking one at top) fit in a std 600mm dishwasher.

One small downside is the cooking grill is not height-adjustable.

One big advantage (besides ease of cleaning/maintenance) is that it needs very little coal compared to a rectangular unit, because of the half-egg shape (the heat from coal 'down in the middle' radiates up and expands evenly), and the round shape + apertures about the periphery of the inner bucket create a venturi effect near the top/grill which 'twists' and dissipates most of the smoke.

Overall very happy with choice/purchase.

It really depends on where you live. Some meat markets have prepared ready to bbq meats & chicken for sale. In my area, Ethnic markets - Mexican & Arab - may have carne asada, chicken or even lamb prepared for cooking. Also some of the major supermarkets have packaged baby back ribs, marinated chicken parts.

• 4 weeks later...