Welcome To Ghost Town Of Varosha.

Do I?

My earlier "By that logic, several other EU member states shouldn't be in, to begin with" covered it, but you then came back to state that it had "nothing to do with your point" when it was your very point:

as you have since acknowleged in the above. So, quid of France, the Netherlands, Denmark, Portugal and Spain?

So, how far back in history do you propose to pull this one, then?

Or was your point meant to be arbitrarily limited to the Oirish?

Considering the UK' ages-old and continuous assistance in trying to solve (diplomatically of course) the 'northern Cyprus' issue, it's a bit rich tbh.[/quote

The mans hatred[hidden] of the English know's no bounds from criticism of the R.A.F .to siding with the I.R.A in previous threads .

Just read between the lines in his posts.

[quote=L00b;1099061.[/quote

The mans hatred[hidden] of the English know's no bounds from criticism of the R.A.F .to siding with the I.R.A in previous threads .

Just read between the lines in his posts.

I wondered how long it would take before you couldn't resist contributing your usual uninformed tripe to the discussion. :)

You are a person apparently incapable of thinking in a rational and considered manner.

In your weird and wonderful world everything is black and white, there is no room for shades of grey, nuance, or other viewpoints.

Unless someone is prepared to spout jingoistic garbage like your previously posted "England is the greatest country in the world" blather then obviously they must 'hate' England.

Presumably, whilst supporting your football team you have never criticised them, because obviously if you were to do so it would mean that you hated them wouldn't it?

Isn't that the way it works in your narrow minded little "we're either all in agreement with me or you're an enemy" world?

And for your information there is no such thing as ' The Greatest Country in the World ' all of them tend to have good points and bad points.

I wondered how long it would take before you couldn't resist contributing your usual uninformed tripe to the discussion. :)

You are a person apparently incapable of thinking in a rational and considered manner.

In your weird and wonderful world everything is black and white, there is no room for shades of grey, nuance, or other viewpoints.

Unless someone is prepared to spout jingoistic garbage like your previously posted "England is the greatest country in the world" blather then obviously they must 'hate' England.

Presumably, whilst supporting your football team you have never criticised them, because obviously if you were to do so it would mean that you hated them wouldn't it?

Isn't that the way it works in your narrow minded little "we're either all in agreement with me or you're an enemy" world?

And for your information there is no such thing as ' The Greatest Country in the World ' all of them tend to have good points and bad points.

Well a refreshing post from wd 40 at last.

No telling about battles won by his family in some long forgotten war, or a business deal in a far away capital or the meeting that involved some important bigwig, no this time straight to the point ,the point being that every one talks tripe but he who needs three hundred words to tell a simple fact , facts that usually are slagging off the English be it the armed forces or any foreign policy that we may have.

Well a refreshing post from wd 40 at last.

No telling about battles won by his family in some long forgotten war, or a business deal in a far away capital or the meeting that involved some important bigwig, no this time straight to the point ,the point being that every one talks tripe but he who needs three hundred words to tell a simple fact , facts that usually are slagging off the English be it the armed forces or any foreign policy that we may have.

Deary me you really do reveal your jealous streak in your posts don't you? :hihi:

I remember you accusing me of bragging in an earlier thread when I had related some anecdote.

At first I couldn't get my head around what the hell you were on about as in no way would any average person consider what I'd said as boasting.

Then I found out from one of your posts - in which you actually did boast - that you had spent your working life covered in crap doing a mind numbing repetitive job surrounded by a load of others doing exactly the same and I realised why you thought that I was bragging.

Hundreds of thousands of others have had similar experiences to me, there is nothing unusual about it, except of course if you worked everyday in a job where you kept laying one brick on top of another all day long, then people who traveled all over the country and met new people from every walk of life on a daily basis must seem a bit glamorous.

Still, you can always console yourself with the thought that whilst just about every able bodied person in the entire world could put one brick on top of two others, very few could do it as quick as you, and hardly any of them could go round corners! :o:hihi:

Deary me you really do reveal your jealous streak in your posts don't you? :hihi:

I remember you accusing me of bragging in an earlier thread when I had related some anecdote.

At first I couldn't get my head around what the hell you were on about as in no way would any average person consider what I'd said as boasting.

Then I found out from one of your posts - in which you actually did boast - that you had spent your working life covered in crap doing a mind numbing repetitive job surrounded by a load of others doing exactly the same and I realised why you thought that I was bragging.

Hundreds of thousands of others have had similar experiences to me, there is nothing unusual about it, except of course if you worked everyday in a job where you kept laying one brick on top of another all day long, then people who traveled all over the country and met new people from every walk of life on a daily basis must seem a bit glamorous.

Still, you can always console yourself with the thought that whilst just about every able bodied person in the entire world could put one brick on top of two others, very few could do it as quick as you, and hardly any of them could go round corners! :o:hihi:

Yes I worked for a living in many different jobs and some of those jobs will be there for all to see for many years when I am gone.

Proud to have worked on em as well.

Now that we all know about my boring life as told by you, then come on what has been your contribution to society ,I mean we all wait with bated breath, Politician[irish:hihi:] Film Star, Copper,Stockbroker or just a fanny merchant that likes to try and baffle every one with the daily crap that spouts out of your arris on these threads.

At least I am up front by name and do not hide behind a keyboard.

Yes I worked for a living in many different jobs and some of those jobs will be there for all to see for many years when I am gone.

Proud to have worked on em as well.

Now that we all know about my boring life as told by you, then come on what has been your contribution to society ,I mean we all wait with bated breath, Politician[irish:hihi:] Film Star, Copper,Stockbroker or just a fanny merchant that likes to try and baffle every one with the daily crap that spouts out of your arris on these threads.

At least I am up front by name and do not hide behind a keyboard.

My contribution?

Seen as you ask I started out 'on the tools' and worked my way up to regional director of a PLC.

In 1984 in a recession I started my own business, employed 34 people in three branches and when it was sold in 2000 due to a combination of ill health and a good offer from an international PLC it had contributed in excess of £3, 000,000 to the exchequer of this country in tax.

Many people have contributed more, and I'm sure there are quite a few of them that post on SF.

Take a look at your posts aimed at me on this thread, they are all personal attacks, you are a sad little man and in what passes for your soul you know it. :)

If I bother you that much stick me on ignore. I shall not be putting you on ignore as I find you quite amusing.

My contribution?

Seen as you ask I started out 'on the tools' and worked my way up to regional director of a PLC.

In 1984 in a recession I started my own business, employed 34 people in three branches and when it was sold in 2000 due to a combination of ill health and a good offer from an international PLC it had contributed in excess of £3, 000,000 to the exchequer of this country in tax.

Many people have contributed more, and I'm sure there are quite a few of them that post on SF.

Take a look at your posts aimed at me on this thread, they are all personal attacks, you are a sad little man and in what passes for your soul you know it. :)

If I bother you that much stick me on ignore. I shall not be putting you on ignore as I find you quite amusing.

Good for you Its always nice to hear a trumpet blown although the sound goes a lot further when some one blows it on your behalf me thinks.

As for me Ihave been up, been down, back up and down again .

And I am now back where I started skint with just a lurcher ,a parrot, and good woman as happy as a pig in ****e so pithe off.

Good for you Its always nice to hear a trumpet blown although the sound goes a lot further when some one blows it on your behalf me thinks.

As for me Ihave been up, been down, back up and down again .

And I am now back where I started skint with just a lurcher ,a parrot, and good woman as happy as a pig in ****e so pithe off.

:hihi: Good for you, but you really should lose the chip on the shoulder, life's too short and we all wind up in the ground eventually.

As for 'trumpet blowing', you asked, and I answered, they were the facts if you don't like them tough.

Enjoy it while you can and for Gods sake don't get into a row with the parrot, they're quite smart and you don't want to be made to look daft in front of the lurcher and the Mrs. :)

Apt description of your state of happiness by the way, I believe you do support the dark side. :hihi:

Amusing as ever.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 10:37 ----------

An excellent documentary on Varosha here:

I saw it some time ago when this part of Cyprus came back in the news some time ago. I've never visited Cyprus but it is on my wish-list (Been to most European Med countries except for Albania, Cyprus and Turkey).

Back on topic! :)

That is an interesting link you posted and the explanation of the ownership problem by the English guy on 14 minutes shows why this is not as straightforward as a lot of people think.

Been to southern Cyprus and it is well worth a visit.

So too is Turkey, we're going to Bodrum for ten days late May early June it will be our fourth trip to Turkey and the second to Bodrum, went there last year and it's a great place.

Going back to Varosha, I was only a baby when the Turks attacked so remember nothing. Only memories are from my family , it brings out passion and rage in equal measure about Varosha ,yes like many who were forced out we would like to go back. Realistically while the politicians use Varosha as a tug of war theirs no chance. Practically,Varosha would need to be completely rebuilt now after forty years of neglect.