Baltimore riots

Clearly, it doesn't make some people think...

Do you think black people are just born with the 'criminal gene' or something?

Or something? Course not. There are plenty of whites and Hispanics in State and Federal prisons.

Black criminals may be more in number because they come from rotten family backgrounds. Worse probably than the former two.

But the government cant legislate happy marriages and family values can it?

But the government cant legislate happy marriages and family values can it?

Nope, not really, and if you believe that government sold-out long ago to corporate interest; then you may well think it would be hypocritical for it to get on it's moral high-horse.

I just think it's a very complex situation. It's easy to judge other people, when we see them doing a whole bunch of crazy stuff; but those people didn't have the benefit of our relatively stable and affluent upbringing. I need to really have lived in a person's shoes before I'm fit to judge them; maybe given their upbringing, I'd crack too?

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 23:28 ----------

Also, if I can ask; do any of you guys in the US, experience any of this kind of trouble locally to yourselves?

Nope, not really, and if you believe that government sold-out long ago to corporate interest; then you may well think it would be hypocritical for it to get on it's moral high-horse.

I just think it's a very complex situation. It's easy to judge other people, when we see them doing a whole bunch of crazy stuff; but those people didn't have the benefit of our relatively stable and affluent upbringing. I need to really have lived in a person's shoes before I'm fit to judge them; maybe given their upbringing, I'd crack too?

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 23:28 ----------

Also, if I can ask; do any of you guys in the US, experience any of this kind of trouble locally to yourselves?

Why is it then that in the mid 70s thousands of Vietnamese refugees came here with no money, no English and only the clothes they wore, straight from refugee camps in Thailand yet in the space of forty years they've managed to integrate, prosper and their sons and daughters have become members of the dental, medical, judicial and other skilled professions?.

Too many young black men set their sights on the wrong targets not everyone can become a big league footballer, top ranking NBA player or major league baseball player. it's good to dream but it's far more importantl to be pragmatic. There's no such thing as easy money... I should know that as an immigrant

No, fortunately I haven't experienced any of this kind of trouble. We have a very small community of black people who have done well for themselves, likewise Hispanics, Asians and a majority of whites

I could walk around this town at two AM and not get bothered in the slightest.

I could get stopped by the police perhaps and being white wouldn't make any difference to them

Prison population is irrelevent without taking into consideration who is actually committing crimes! If blacks are committing more crimes than whites and latinos, then it follows that there should be more blacks in prison. It's time for the black community to stop reveling in crime and wilful ignorance and to start encouraging their youth to work hard, study hard and be productive.

a very good common sense post, which i am sure will bypass a few on this thread. in some areas black crime is a badge of honour and something to be proud of it seems??

areas of LA, New York , Baltimore it seems, here in the UK tower Hamlets, Brixton , Toxteth , Burngreave even!

Wheres the link backing this up? Or is it an opinion because ive googled it and cant find anything to back up what youre saying.