Baltimore riots

Here's a good short video - three minutes four seconds, which those who appear to believe that black Americans have nothing to complain about would be well advised to watch.

They probably won't of course - (none so blind, etc.) but it's worth a go.

Nope, not really, and if you believe that government sold-out long ago to corporate interest; then you may well think it would be hypocritical for it to get on it's moral high-horse.

I just think it's a very complex situation. It's easy to judge other people, when we see them doing a whole bunch of crazy stuff; but those people didn't have the benefit of our relatively stable and affluent upbringing. I need to really have lived in a person's shoes before I'm fit to judge them; maybe given their upbringing, I'd crack too?

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 23:28 ----------

Also, if I can ask; do any of you guys in the US, experience any of this kind of trouble locally to yourselves?

Living in Connecticut can be a little different than others outside of New England. My grandson is married to a black girl. She's a very nice girl with a professional father and mother as well as a younger sister. He would be quick to blame Baltimore on Baltimore. The three largest cities in Connecticut, Hartford, New London, and Bridgeport have populations around 150,000 each with central black populations and evenly mixed middle class neighborhoods further out. Those inner cities can be dangerous, but outside of them really nice. I've noticed for years that black kids in these areas are better behaved than white kids in restaurants. Middle class black fathers don't let their kids do what they like. Many hispanic families are strong in their relationships, married for life. If people in Britain think that we all glare at each other white on black, brown on yellow you're wrong. We play together , drink together, work together for a better country. We're not much different from you. The term middle class is a bit different than in Britain, where you have a working class, a term rarely used here. Middle class can be anyone earning good money in a steady job whether a doctor or a plumber with a home of his own, paying his or her taxes. Edited by buck

Here's a good short video - three minutes four seconds, which those who appear to believe that black Americans have nothing to complain about would be well advised to watch.

They probably won't of course - (none so blind, etc.) but it's worth a go.

yes watched it all very slick well made short film, a film is all it is, no substance, no proof of reality, basically a fairy story made by a film crew, now i am not suggesting for a second there is no discrimination at all of course there is, there is in every walk of life, this film could just have easily portrayed over 50yr old workers, women, single parents etc etc have you not noticed there are some pretty powerful black Americans in the states right now????? you cant get more power than the president of the western world!!???

---------- Post added 30-04-2015 at 20:43 ----------

Ahhh, i lost did i despite the fact that its you who cant back up what you say. lol

Ok then :hihi:

i assume you cant read english then? i gave 2 links do you require more??:roll:

yes watched it all very slick well made short film, a film is all it is, no substance, no proof of reality, basically a fairy story made by a film crew, now i am not suggesting for a second there is no discrimination at all of course there is, there is in every walk of life, this film could just have easily portrayed over 50yr old workers, women, single parents etc etc have you not noticed there are some pretty powerful black Americans in the states right now????? you cant get more power than the president of the western world!!???

---------- Post added 30-04-2015 at 20:43 ----------

i assume you cant read english then? i gave 2 links do you require more??:roll:

The references are all in small print on the video. In order, The University of Chicago, The New York Times Economic Review, Multiples studies including US Department of Justice, The Federal Department of Housing and Urban Developement, American Civil Liberties Union, The New England Journal of Medicine, and Yale University.

Are you still going to stick your fingers in your ears and claim it's a fairy story?

I confidently predict that you will.

The references are all in small print on the video. In order, The University of Chicago, The New York Times Economic Review, Multiples studies including US Department of Justice, The Federal Department of Housing and Urban Developement, American Civil Liberties Union, The New England Journal of Medicine, and Yale University.

Are you still going to stick your fingers in your ears and claim it's a fairy story?

I confidently predict that you will.

Yeah but that's all to do with reading..can't be doing with that stuff.