Which is the greater crime?

Theft including theft by fraud or racism?

I get unsolicited cold calls for various things ranging from surveys to double glazing to PPI. All sorts and they are a pain. Im registered with the TPS and im ex directory but i still get them. Anyway im always polite and i ask them to stop ringing me and to take me off their list. This generates various responses from 'Yes, of course, sorry to disturb you' to 'No!' and even on one occasion i got a '**** off you English *******' but ill still plug away being polite in the hope they respect my wishes and leave me alone. Anyway, theres one type of call really rankles me and thats the deliberate attempt to steel from me by telling me i have a virus on my computer. Ive tried to deal with this in the same way, polite request to stop ringing me and its always met by a torrent of abuse. I put the phone down and on 3 occasions they wouldnt release my line and i couldnt use the phone for several hours on each occasion. This was getting silly so the next time one of them rang me i unleashed the most vile torrent of abuse including what some may consider racist abuse. For almost 15 minutes he wouldnt hang up so i abused him some more. Eventually he went and you know what? Ive not had a single call from the thieves since. I still get the others but the daily calls from 'Microsoft' have stopped but heres the problem. I feel pretty crap about myself for what i said. Obviously they arent my real feelings or i would have abused them all from day one but at the end of my tether i finally snapped and let rip. Im not at all concerned ill be reported for my outburst but im just wondering if anyone else has been pushed to try such drastic measures to get rid of these total and utter thieves?

Plenty of people wind them up, waste their time and otherwise abuse them.

They are scum, so treat them like it.

I've heard they are particularly sensitive to jibes about their mothers and sisters and taunts about the size of their manhood.

Theft including theft by fraud or racism?

I get unsolicited cold calls for various things ranging from surveys to double glazing to PPI. All sorts and they are a pain. Im registered with the TPS and im ex directory but i still get them. Anyway im always polite and i ask them to stop ringing me and to take me off their list. This generates various responses from 'Yes, of course, sorry to disturb you' to 'No!' and even on one occasion i got a '**** off you English *******' but ill still plug away being polite in the hope they respect my wishes and leave me alone. Anyway, theres one type of call really rankles me and thats the deliberate attempt to steel from me by telling me i have a virus on my computer. Ive tried to deal with this in the same way, polite request to stop ringing me and its always met by a torrent of abuse. I put the phone down and on 3 occasions they wouldnt release my line and i couldnt use the phone for several hours on each occasion. This was getting silly so the next time one of them rang me i unleashed the most vile torrent of abuse including what some may consider racist abuse. For almost 15 minutes he wouldnt hang up so i abused him some more. Eventually he went and you know what? Ive not had a single call from the thieves since. I still get the others but the daily calls from 'Microsoft' have stopped but heres the problem. I feel pretty crap about myself for what i said. Obviously they arent my real feelings or i would have abused them all from day one but at the end of my tether i finally snapped and let rip. Im not at all concerned ill be reported for my outburst but im just wondering if anyone else has been pushed to try such drastic measures to get rid of these total and utter thieves?

I had that once from an overseas call centre pretending to be microsoft. He wouldnt hang up till I appologised for my attitude ( I kid ye not).

I had that once from an overseas call centre pretending to be microsoft. He wouldnt hang up till I appologised for my attitude ( I kid ye not).

Well youve got to give him credit for sheer cheek i suppose :hihi:

Racism does seem to be treated harsher than assault on the football pitch.

I remember on big brother a while ago now. This girl Emily I think was her name used the N word to an afrocarabian woman by the name of Charlie. It was not meant in a racist context but she was just saying it like fellow black people say it or its said in a Taranteno film. Yet she was kicked out.