12.45pm, Friday 10 April, Did you witness a robbery in Woodhouse?

esme

Police are appealing for information

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/appeals-information/did-you-witness-robbery-woodhouse

A 79-year-old woman was walking through the alleyway between Tithe Barn Lane and Tithe Barn Avenue & was attacked by an unknown man.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 439 of 10 April 2015.

Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

fair enough, it's now unstuck

I'd say it was right to sticky the thread in the first place. Yes, many crimes are posted on here and the threads are not made sticky. But in this instance it is a disgusting crime against an elderly lady. Also, the CCTV picture is excellent so it would be a good thing for as many people as possible to see it.

Much worse stuff on here doesn't get special treatment. A woman got assaulted and mugged in broad daylight in front of 50 helpless tram passengers the other week.

50 helpless tram passengers? Eh?

It's not an argument to say that just because one crime doesn't get a sticky then no others should. This one has a good image of the suspect. I don't know if the Hillsborough one did.

50 helpless tram passengers? Eh?

It's not an argument to say that just because one crime doesn't get a sticky then no others should. This one has a good image of the suspect. I don't know if the Hillsborough one did.

They were on the tram, in traffic between stops and could do nothing to stop the assault as they couldn't get off. There was a thread on here.

They were on the tram, in traffic between stops and could do nothing to stop the assault as they couldn't get off. There was a thread on here.

That doesn't mean they were helpless. That would mean they needed help. I think you meant they couldn't offer help.