City taxis buyout Mercury taxis in uber scare

Usual City price to take me to the football- £14, Uber price- £9 - its basic common sense to use Uber IMHO.

If you live in Dronfield it would be even more common sense to get a Stagecoach Megarider Gold bus ticket for less then £6 ;)

If you live in Dronfield it would be even more common sense to get a Stagecoach Megarider Gold bus ticket for less then £6 ;)

And let it take 55 minutes to get to town from my house instead of 15- no thanks ;)

The article states at the bottom that Uber has backstop insurance in place so customers are not at risk.

the thing is, its still kind of scary that this can happen.

if big things like that can get through the loops, what about CRB checks?

the thing is, its still kind of scary that this can happen.

if big things like that can get through the loops, what about CRB checks?

A criminal records check is carried out by the authority issuing the licence. Uber is coming under scrutiny (and rightly so) because they are becoming a huge international company but it's unlikely we'll see any stories about their local competition, do you really think Uber is the only company where drivers are fiddling insurance?

A criminal records check is carried out by the authority issuing the licence. Uber is coming under scrutiny (and rightly so) because they are becoming a huge international company but it's unlikely we'll see any stories about their local competition, do you really think Uber is the only company where drivers are fiddling insurance?

no, but i think when its more local theres more accountability down to the owners. Easier for the authorities to reach out to local owners than say someone based in Silicon Valley, CA (if they need to go to the tippity top, that is)

Excuse me, but what've Sheffield City Taxi got to do with Mercury?

Sheffield City Taxi's are rubbish, whereas Mercury are a really decent private company .. :(

Could not disagree more. Mercury taxis negligence cauused my terminally ill partner to be tipped out of his wheelchair due to **** poor attention to securing the chair, and then driving erratically and far too fast round a corner on a hill.

I could not be happier if they have gone down the toilet, and if not, their time will hopefully come.