City taxis buyout Mercury taxis in uber scare

I've used Uber three times in the last month, and I cannot fault them. The drivers have been professional, friendly, well turned out with immaculate cars. I've asked each one how they're finding it, and the resounding feedback is they think it's brilliant.

Great service with lots of growth potential.

Except for when Uber are 2x normal fare..........

Which at the moment is Saturday night after 12.

I am in for £100 of free rides so far. They have bought my business with ease.

Usual fare to the pub, £5. Uber £3.70. Make that trip enough and it is a 25% saving.

Usual fare to the pub, £5. Uber £3.70. Make that trip enough and it is a 25% saving.

You must be absolutely minted........

I needed a taxi the other day (about 1pm??) and tried to use Uber and they were charging 1.5% above their rate. So went with City as they were cheaper. Its not just the evenings theyre charging a premium for lack of drivers.

Which at the moment is Saturday night after 12 midnight.

Uber can surge at any anytime, I've seen it surge at 5pm on Monday and 8pm on a Thursday so there's no fixed time to get ubered.

I needed a taxi the other day (about 1pm??) and tried to use Uber and they were charging 1.5% above their rate. So went with City as they were cheaper. Its not just the evenings theyre charging a premium for lack of drivers.

Uber can surge at any anytime, I've seen it surge at 5pm on Monday and 8pm on a Thursday so there's no fixed time to get ubered.

As proven here........