Labour to get rid of Bedroom Tax if elected

It isn't a tax Mecky. It never was. Just because you say it is doesn't make it so.

BTW - did you put so many people on your ignore list that you disappeared up your own passage?

Or perhaps you eventually ran out of people to ignore and accidentally put yourself on ignore and could find yourself again.

Or more likely, the penny finally dropped and he realised he had lost all credibility during debates due to his biased, narrow minded, evidence ignoring discussions. Now I'm curious about this private information thing. I've noticed people mention this before. Surely this is a serious matter that needs investigating.

Or more likely, the penny finally dropped and he realised he had lost all credibility during debates due to his biased, narrow minded, evidence ignoring discussions. Now I'm curious about this private information thing. I've noticed people mention this before. Surely this is a serious matter that needs investigating.
........Probably why he's changed his user name, and agreed it is serious!

I know there are many people who have appealed against a decision and won, but thats not the government, but rather the people assessing the claims. If people can appeal and win, it shows the system has the fail safes it requires.

If people are successfully appealing, it shows the system is being judged as wrong.

If people are successfully appealing, it shows the system is being judged as wrong.

No, that means the people making the assessments are wrong, not the policy as otherwise people would not be successfully appealing. I agree the way this has been implemented could have been done better but that does not mean the premise is wrong.

The coalition appear to be trying to move away from entitlement for social housing and making it work on a "need" basis. I you don't need social housing, or need 3 bedrooms, they are not provided.

We have too many people who are in desperate need of support through out our social security / benefits system, but we have people, such as pensioners receiving free TV licenses or people living in large houses that do not need the space. Why should we all pay for these benefits to people who do not need them? Why are we allowing people to live on the streets while at the same time allowing people to live in large houses paid for by the community at large.

No, that means the people making the assessments are wrong, not the policy as otherwise people would not be successfully appealing. I agree the way this has been implemented could have been done better but that does not mean the premise is wrong.

The coalition appear to be trying to move away from entitlement for social housing and making it work on a "need" basis. I you don't need social housing, or need 3 bedrooms, they are not provided.

We have too many people who are in desperate need of support through out our social security / benefits system, but we have people, such as pensioners receiving free TV licenses or people living in large houses that do not need the space. Why should we all pay for these benefits to people who do not need them? Why are we allowing people to live on the streets while at the same time allowing people to live in large houses paid for by the community at large.

as said here-

Its a badly thought out tax that penalises vulnerable people for the systematic failure of housing policy.

The sad thing is the fundamental idea behind it was good. Basically it should have been applied to new rentals only and then over maybe a decade the public housing stock would become much better allocated. That would have also helped with planning future building of new housing.

Then lots of people would not have been forced out of homes they'd taken on totally within the rules at the time.

There are a lot of empty rooms subsidised by the taxpayer. Something needed to be done. The coalition did something to try to alleviate the problem.

But there was never anything called a spare room subsidy until the Tories invented it to make it sound like it was a good thing to remove.

It is really just a cut in benefits in the guise of a subsidy reduction or an under occupation charge, so basically it is a tax and accepted by most as one.

Time will tell to see if it works.

Is already been shown that it is not working.

http://www.housing.org.uk/policy/policy-news/bedroom-tax-not-working-dwp-report-finds/

If the government really wanted to help then the could just build more social homes to cope with the demand instead of diverting the saving in benefits to the Help to Buy scheme.

The bedroom tax was unlawful, when people were losing their houses through bedroom tax, they were being physically assaulted by the Government. You should'nt just be allowed to dish out something like that. What irritates me more is that it was the Government and the banks that caused the 'near' collapse of the Economy not the poor, as usual its the poor that bails them out.. Oh the Scammers !! ..

The bedroom tax was unlawful, when people were losing their houses through bedroom tax, they were being physically assaulted by the Government. You should'nt just be allowed to dish out something like that. What irritates me more is that it was the Government and the banks that caused the 'near' collapse of the Economy not the poor, as usual its the poor that bails them out.. Oh the Scammers !! ..

No it wasn't. I wont rewrite what WiseOwl182 said in another thread so here it is:

Bedroom tax - prior to 2012, housing Benefit was already paid by need to private renters but people in social housing were unaffected and essentially had spare rooms subsidised in an unfair way compared with private renters on housing benefits. The government removed this subsidy, thus bringing the two types of welfare funded tenants into line. Google and read if you don't believe me.