Labour to get rid of Bedroom Tax if elected

Here's an article on the BBC which shows the problem.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23122369

During the housing bubble thousands of young people were getting together to buy houses, so two people that didn't know each other would get together to buy an house, both owning a 50% share and both living in it, this allowed them both to get on the property ladder and gave them both somewhere to live.

If this method of affording an house is good enough for people buying an house it should be good enough for people wanting to rent, three single people can rent a three bed house and share the rent, I have no idea if councils would allow this but it would solve the problem of under occupied social housing and would cut the tenants costs.

In the link they say there aren't any 1 bed flats in Teeside, but rightmove are advertising 155.

During the housing bubble thousands of young people were getting together to buy houses, so two people that didn't know each other would get together to buy an house, both owning a 50% share and both living in it, this allowed them both to get on the property ladder and gave them both somewhere to live.

If this method of affording an house is good enough for people buying an house it should be good enough for people wanting to rent, three single people can rent a three bed house and share the rent, I have no idea if councils would allow this but it would solve the problem of under occupied social housing and would cut the tenants costs.

In the link they say there aren't any 1 bed flats in Teeside, but rightmove are advertising 155.

If you were in the position where you had to share then taking on a joint 25 yar debt obligation with a stranger is a pretty bad idea. Only the truly desperate would do it. Renting would be better in that scenario. The HMO part of the private sector has always been there as a norm.

I agree that its just lies but what amazes me is how many here seem to fall for his spin.

I know it baffles me, he seems to have convinced people it's morally acceptable and economically needed to batter the poorest people of our society, whilst giving his friends money back via tax reductions.

Unfortunately the truth is he's wrong on both parts and people are unable to see through the lies.

What did Bob Marley say "You can fool some people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time"