Are any of the political promises valid if (as seems) there's a..

So the LD's didn't have any influence on any aspect of government?

I don't think they had that much influence - and Nick clegg didn't seem to be that fussed about the some of the nastier Tory policies either.

I hoped he would have more influence than he did. But I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw - what policies did the lib dems effectivly stop, either in there tracks at development stage or actually in parliament when it came to voting stuff through? What have I missed ;)

I don't think they had that much influence - and Nick clegg didn't seem to be that fussed about the some of the nastier Tory policies either.

I hoped he would have more influence than he did. But I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw - what policies did the lib dems effectivly stop, either in there tracks at development stage or actually in parliament when it came to voting stuff through? What have I missed ;)

I've no idea what was stopped in the development stage because if it hadn't progressed beyond there we'd never know about it..why would a partner in a coalition vote against stuff that their own coalition was proposing in the house? :confused:

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 11:37 ----------

Nobody seems to have answered the question I posed.

Can whoever was in power, just shrug and say, "yeah we promised that, but that was only if we won a majority"

I suspect they'd try to get as many of their own policies through as they could ...... I'm not sure if any party,even with a majority,has followed through on all their promises...do you know of any?

I've no idea what was stopped in the development stage because if it hadn't progressed beyond there we'd never know about it..why would a partner in a coalition vote against stuff that their own coalition was proposing in the house? :confused:

I suspect they'd try to get as many of their own policies through as they could ...... I'm not sure if any party,even with a majority,has followed through on all their promises...do you know of any?

Fair enough then - if the lib dems are going to bin their own policies within weeks of getting into government and rubber stamp everything the Tories want you might as well vote Tory. Clegg claimed to have restricted Tory excesses - I think that's cobblers but I'm prepared to be shown different. He wanted power and he got it for 5 full years (he could have pulled the plug at any time).

Nope....Of any colour.....

But being in coalition gives you a great excuse doesn't it?