How would you change things?

We all like having a discussion and a moan about stuff, but how do we bring change?

Is it impossible to decide to become an MP, and get elected?

Perhaps we should lower our sites and become a councillor? How would you do that?

Voting UKIP or Green is not going to solve anything, so what should we do? I really enjoy politics, so that is a long term ambition of mine, but in reality, its just a hobby/passtime.

We all like having a discussion and a moan about stuff, but how do we bring change?

Is it impossible to decide to become an MP, and get elected?

Perhaps we should lower our sites and become a councillor? How would you do that?

Voting UKIP or Green is not going to solve anything, so what should we do? I really enjoy politics, so that is a long term ambition of mine, but in reality, its just a hobby/passtime.

Re: Local Councillors:

I think you have to join a party and work for them voluntarily (stuffing envelopes, delivering literature through doors, etc) basically be a dogsbody until you work your way up. Let it be known you want to be a Councillor, contribute at meetings etc and eventually go before the party selection committee to get their backing to stand for the party. After their official endorsement, you have to get yourself elected by the people of a particular area.

Depending on ability, stamina etc this is a possible way to work towards becoming an MP. Some local councillors have gone on to do this, most notably David Blunkett.

Or you could stand as an independent candidate, but unless you are a pretty outstanding candidate, and have a gift for self promotion and publicity, this is a much, much harder, some would say almost impossible route.

Good luck. We need more young, dynamic, interested people in politics.

You have to be as thick skinned as a rhino, as sly as a fox and with the BS of a used car salesman

That rules me out them, lol, I guess if all MP were like that we would not like/vote for them.

I would make this country more democratic..

For over 100 years we've had Royalists and the aristocracy rule this country which means basically we have no real choice..

Conservatives are Royalists

Labour are Royalists

Lib Dems are Royalists

UKIP are Royalists

Greens are Royalists

Even all the media TV, Newspapers are Royalists..

So where's the choice???

Why do republicans get NO publicity?

Because we are all dictated too by the aristocracy.. The rich looking after the rich..

Unfortunately that's why nothing will ever change......

Lib Dems are Royalists. Because we are all dictated too by the aristocracy.. The rich looking after the rich..

I am a Liberal Democrat, poor anti-royalist, so I guess that is one vote in the bag.

I know manifestato's can't really be legallyw binding but making them a contract say they can only put things to parliament from the manifesto to vote on (except where national security is at stake ) would certainly make things more clear !

Say if Labour or Tories wanted to scrap the tv licence then they would have to put that into their manifesto or it wouldn't be allowed a vote !

I would make this country more democratic..

For over 100 years we've had Royalists and the aristocracy rule this country which means basically we have no real choice..

Conservatives are Royalists

Labour are Royalists

Lib Dems are Royalists

UKIP are Royalists

Greens are Royalists

Even all the media TV, Newspapers are Royalists..

So where's the choice???

Why do republicans get NO publicity?

Because we are all dictated too by the aristocracy.. The rich looking after the rich..

I'm not dictated to by the aristocracy. I'm sad you are though. :(