It's a princess, congratulations to Kate and Will

Proud of what? I doubt the majority of the population give two hoots.

Iam sure the parents and family will be happy and proud as I am sure yours were when you were born.

I am also sure most of the population are interested just by the amount of media coverage and time devoted to the event.

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Congrats to kate n will on birth if their baby daughter good weight for 8lbs hope they have diana in her name.

Congratulations to both of them.

Kate may prefer an unusual name for her daughter but unlike Princess Royal's choice of Zara there maybe pressure to give the baby one of the traditional royal names, I reckon Elizabeth will be one of the names, and maybe Caroline - her mother's name is Carole.

The son arrived home and informed me that the baby was to be named Matilda, I thought that was going back a long way

Edited by cressida

Yeah - my neighbour Gobby Lil and her latest boyfriend Kromika had a sprog last week a girl weighing 9 ounces.

It was born addicted to a few drugs and with a cute smokers cough but its slowly getting better - it should be out of Intensive Care in a few months.

They called it Darren as they like the name.

Proud of what? I doubt the majority of the population give two hoots.

Iam sure the parents and family will be happy and proud as I am sure yours were when you were born.

I am also sure most of the population are interested just by the amount of media coverage and time devoted to the event.

Without the media telling you what to think Harvey, I doubt you would have a clue. Is our population interested in Kim Kardashian too? We really must be judging by the amount of media coverage she gets.

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Fixed quotes

Shamelessy stolen from Newsthump's facebook page...

Sick of scroungers filling up taxpayer-funded houses with kids? You should probably steer clear of the news for a few days ‪#‎RoyalBaby

Apologies to any non-facebook people, it only seems to be on there and not their main website.

Wrong. This is a baby that will want for nothing, but have the best of everything - all at the tax payers expense.

So what? Doesn't your PM want for nothing, have the best of everything and all at taxpayers expense?

---------- Post added 03-05-2015 at 00:12 ----------

Yeah - my neighbour Gobby Lil and her latest boyfriend Kromika had a sprog last week a girl weighing 9 ounces.

It was born addicted to a few drugs and with a cute smokers cough but its slowly getting better - it should be out of Intensive Care in a few months.

They called it Darren as they like the name.

Well while I feel very sorry for the little mite and hope it gets ever better and better despite it's misfortune being born to a couple like that may I say that it would have been better if the couple been barren, Rhymes with Darren

So what? Doesn't your PM want for nothing, have the best of everything and all at taxpayers expense?

Yeah, but unfortunately a few people voted for him rather than him being born into it. Democracy apparently :|