It's a princess, congratulations to Kate and Will

On the other hand she will not have to worry about getting a place in a local school or wondering if she will get a job when she leaves or, if she gets a job will that job pay enough so as she can save up for around twenty years to get a Mortgage.

And then if she marry's will she be able to give up work so as to bring up the kids or will Gran Ma and Gran Dad take the strain.

And then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

all that and I wouldn't want to swap with her. She will have no privacy, her photos in every tabloid, her boyfriends all scrutinised, her outfits criticised, her decisions all made for her, attending engagements and meeting people she has no real interest in.

and she has no say in the matter, she has to do it.

At least we have a choice. Its not always 100% good living a royal life. Like I said, I'll keep my real and humble existence

After the treasury has taken and regained possession of all the wealth of the royals send them in the clothes they stand up in back to the germans who can do as they please with them.

Obviously we'd have to close the door to all immigrants ..we do not want the royals creeping back in wanting housing and claiming benefits.

Replace all the pagentry with paid actors, it would be much cheaper than using expensively trained members of the armed forces, who it appears can't even keep unarmed untrained intruders out, some people might even play some of the various roles for nothing.

Open up all the then vacated homes palaces buildings etc to paying visitors as we do with a number or other old buildings

Some people will no doubt be freting, even wailing, about what we will replace the royals with; actors for ceremonies and for anything else there really is no need to replace them nor do we need a president we did not have one when we did away with charles. Just be careful in future to avoid any and all inheireted titles or roles.

you forgot the <rant> </rant> container :)

all that and I wouldn't want to swap with her. She will have no privacy, her photos in every tabloid, her boyfriends all scrutinised, her outfits criticised, her decisions all made for her, attending engagements and meeting people she has no real interest in.

and she has no say in the matter, she has to do it.

At least we have a choice. Its not always 100% good living a royal life. Like I said, I'll keep my real and humble existence

She can opt out when she's older. But she won't...

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 21:03 ----------

It's probably a bit more than tea towels and the like. You have to think of airlines, hotels, tour groups, railways, restaurants, retail stores, car hire all employing thousands of people connected with tourism.

Not everybody comes to Britain with the hope of seeing the royals, but the pageantry and the sightseeing of the royal palaces connected with royalty is probably part of the itinerary of most tourists and they do spend money in the process, lots of it

I don't want my country to exist as a theme park for tourists... It's demeaning.

She can opt out when she's older. But she won't...

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 21:03 ----------

I don't want my country to exist as a theme park for tourists... It's demeaning.

Well was it ever a "theme park for tourists" up to now ? :loopy: Tourism is only part of Britain's money generating industries.

Don't underestimate the earning power of tourism though. It's big. Every airline in the world, every hotel in the world depend mostly on tourism

It's probably a bit more than tea towels and the like. You have to think of airlines, hotels, tour groups, railways, restaurants, retail stores, car hire all employing thousands of people connected with tourism.

Not everybody comes to Britain with the hope of seeing the royals, but the pageantry and the sightseeing of the royal palaces connected with royalty is probably part of the itinerary of most tourists and they do spend money in the process, lots of it

What gets me is in the weeks running up to Kate M giving birth, there were loads of people squatting on pavements with their tatty flags and union jack hats, saying "gawd bless you maam", and the like. If these people were protesting, there'd have been swarms of people on here moaning about layabouts not having jobs, not washing etc etc.

I don't dispute that travel & tourism contribute to our GDP, but shouldn't we be aiming higher as a nation?