Favourite sandwich as a kid..

Out of curiosity, what was Bee Hive sauce and are Scotch pies like Scotch eeggs?

I think I got mixed up with the brown sauce name, I know we always had any kind but HP. there was Tiger, Dad's and something else, not sure about the bee hive bit now. Scotch pie is nothing like a scotch egg, it is a regular pie with sausage meat in it.. a scotch egg is hard boiled egg shrouded in sausage meat and breadcrums.

Thank's Mr.T. 'Hillsbro' explained the Scotch Pie to me and the sauce was 'Daddie's Favourite' a good alternative to H.P. as was another one I can't remember, and the 'Bee-Hive' name is in there somewhere (as what?) As for Scotch eggs, I'm well aware of them and could demolish about three of them now!

Thank's Mr.T. 'Hillsbro' explained the Scotch Pie to me and the sauce was 'Daddie's Favourite' a good alternative to H.P. as was another one I can't remember, and the 'Bee-Hive' name is in there somewhere (as what?) As for Scotch eggs, I'm well aware of them and could demolish about three of them now!

Honestly I am still confused over the bee hive thing but, the the name is so familiar in my memory bank , probably honey...lol. Another brown sauce at that time was " chop".

It took me years to work out that the HP on the sauce bottle stood for 'Houses of Parliament'...

Really? and there is a picture of said buildings on bottle, but I didn't know as a kid anyway and when asked, my mother replied 'Huntley and Palmer's' (I think not)