Police-Is it ok to park illegally

Who gives a toss?

Police don't ticket for parking on double yellows or bus stops, traffic wardens do. That power was taken from police to local council many years ago.

Traffic wardens will quite gladly ticket an unattended police car if caught on double yellows.

If you want to prove me wrong ask any force for the stats on a freedom of information request

To be frank I cannot see how the general public should be expected to respect the law when those charged with enforcing it do not.

IIRC council employees and members of the services ON DUTY are exempt from parking restrictions.

Does that include picking a kebab up?

In actual fact i believe it does. Although they are legally entitled to a break they must respond if called out, so, no having to find a parking space wasting valuable time.

The only thing that is illegal is the use of blues and twos IIRC.

In the light of photographs of Police illegally parking in order to collect food for their break.Does anyone on here have any thoughts on the matter?

Yes it is, if they are expected to be able to respond to a an emergency call that comes in whilst they are buying lunch. Next.

---------- Post added 05-05-2015 at 07:31 ----------

I have seen this too. A certain kebab shop near me receives a police van full of bobbies getting their friday night kebabs. They always park on the double yellows.

The police have a difficult job but don't you think the respect for the police is eroded by them so fragrantly breaking the law?

Would you prefer them to park a 5 minute walk away and take an extra 5 minutes to respond if an emergency call comes in?