Police-Is it ok to park illegally

Yes it is, if they are expected to be able to respond to a an emergency call that comes in whilst they are buying lunch. Next.

---------- Post added 05-05-2015 at 07:31 ----------

Would you prefer them to park a 5 minute walk away and take an extra 5 minutes to respond if an emergency call comes in?

They do occasionally park illegally even though they could have parked legally and be no further away from what ever it is that they are doing.

One reason for my starting this thread is just something that happened to me in another life concerning the police and a double yellow.

The law however is quite clear that double yellows are not to be parked on( with the exception of disabled displaying the correct blue badge)correctly displayed.

The Police enforce the law and do not make it or are above it.Whether it is for a sandwich or the like or the weekly shop,car attended or unattended, and buying a sarnie whilst on duty does not constitute a police car being allowed their vehicle to be parked on the yellow lines.

If its not one law for all,then it should be no law for everyone.

Oh and halibut,Humour only without the funny bit.Nice one.

Again, just like the cycling thread, its down to fairness. If group A can do something but group B are penalised for it, that is unfair and causes animosity between the groups.

FYI to those that don't understand, double yellow lines are there to notify you of "No waiting at anytime". More so, You may stop to load or unload or while passengers board or alight, but you cannot sit in the van while your colleague is in the kebabie. That includes the Police unless they are on official business. Getting their lunch is not official business.

Edited by Berberis

One reason for my starting this thread is just something that happened to me in another life concerning the police and a double yellow.

The law however is quite clear that double yellows are not to be parked on( with the exception of disabled displaying the correct blue badge)correctly displayed.

The Police enforce the law and do not make it or are above it.Whether it is for a sandwich or the like or the weekly shop,car attended or unattended, and buying a sarnie whilst on duty does not constitute a police car being allowed their vehicle to be parked on the yellow lines.

If its not one law for all,then it should be no law for everyone.

Oh and halibut,Humour only without the funny bit.Nice one.

But police do not enforce yellow lines.

Dunno, you keep mentioning police and double yellows.

Ah,so you had nothing to contribute to this discussion really with the exception of,police do not enforce double yellow lines.:huh:

This is something I think we all knew but that you would confirm.

Now I know where its going.

Again, just like the cycling thread, its down to fairness. If group A can do something but group B are penalised for it, that is unfair and causes animosity between the groups.

FYI to those that don't understand, double yellow lines are there to notify you of "No waiting at anytime". More so, You may stop to load or unload or while passengers board or alight, but you cannot sit in the van while your colleague is in the kebabie. That includes the Police unless they are on official business. Getting their lunch is not official business.

I'd say that it is if there radio is still turned on and they are prepared to respond to incidents.