Police-Is it ok to park illegally

I for one would welcome a police officer parking his car on doubles,however at that point they are in fact allowed ,Simples .

PS Unable to understand reason for using council authorisation.Go on I will indulge your use of this intelligent example.Would this be for council say repairing road lighting for example and the use of a cherry picker type contraption.Now let me think,would they be able to do this 20 or 30 yards away being legally parked or would they have to park on double yellows.

Have I got it right by saying they would have to park on double yellows? YAHHH, I think I got it right

Hang on a moment though,what has council duties to do with police parking on double for a sarnie?????.

I will give you an example.Are people doing the school run allowed to park on doubles whilst taking their kids to school? No !!!

Now you justify to SF and me why delivery of a child ( whilst illegally parking on doubles)and police parking on doubles are/are not ok by comparison.

I don't have to justify anything, my opinion is it's okay. Your opinion is that it's not - although can a police car drop off a child on double yellows in your scenario? There is only one reason for a parent to do it - idleness.

There are two for the police- idleness and operational authority. Can you decide which is which?

People have already explained, the police can't switch off an take a tea break, so they park where its quickest to get off should they be required. No different to the council parking close whilst on statutory duties, and no the press cutting had nothing to do with a cherry picker.

Even worse for you, a traffic warden can legally park on double yellows and give you a ticket for parking on double yellows.

A council spokesman said: “Under part six of the Traffic Management Act, a civil enforcement officer can park on double yellow lines during the course of carrying out his or her duties.

“We recognise that by parking on the pavement the officer was causing a temporary obstruction to passers-by.

“However, the officer concerned stopped at the location to issue two Penalty Charge Notices for parking on a dropped kerb.

“We encourage all of our civil enforcement officers to avoid parking on the pavement wherever possible.”

I don't have to justify anything, my opinion is it's okay. Your opinion is that it's not - although can a police car drop off a child on double yellows in your scenario? There is only one reason for a parent to do it - idleness.

There are two for the police- idleness and operational authority. Can you decide which is which?

People have already explained, the police can't switch off an take a tea break, so they park where its quickest to get off should they be required. No different to the council parking close whilst on statutory duties, and no the press cutting had nothing to do with a cherry picker.

Even worse for you, a traffic warden can legally park on double yellows and give you a ticket for parking on double yellows.

A council spokesman said: “Under part six of the Traffic Management Act, a civil enforcement officer can park on double yellow lines during the course of carrying out his or her duties.

“We recognise that by parking on the pavement the officer was causing a temporary obstruction to passers-by.

“However, the officer concerned stopped at the location to issue two Penalty Charge Notices for parking on a dropped kerb.

“We encourage all of our civil enforcement officers to avoid parking on the pavement wherever possible.”

The beauty of opinion is fine till there is a point where someone has to be held accountable in the event of something bad happening.In the instance of the police,then the one making that executive decision would be personally held responsible and liable for that action and would not be able to hide behind the protection of the force.That is the whole point of my initial comment.

An individual allows a police officer to park on doubles in order to obtain a sarnie( giving carte blanche authority to do so) ,then in the even of an accident that person is liable, no excuses.

The beauty of opinion is fine till there is a point where someone has to be held accountable in the event of something bad happening.In the instance of the police,then the one making that executive decision would be personally held responsible and liable for that action and would not be able to hide behind the protection of the force.That is the whole point of my initial comment.

An individual allows a police officer to park on doubles in order to obtain a sarnie( giving carte blanche authority to do so) ,then in the even of an accident that person is liable, no excuses.

So your main concern is that if an incident occurs involving the parked car on the double yellows then someone in higher authority must take the blame.

Wow, i didn't know that was your point at all otherwise i would have agreed, that's probably why the police are constantly being sued.

I suppose the person granting authority is partly responsible should some miscreant drive into a police car parked on a double yellow.

Unlike the parents on the school run who are personally 100% to blame for the whole shenanigans.

Ah,so you had nothing to contribute to this discussion really with the exception of,police do not enforce double yellow lines.:huh:

This is something I think we all knew but that you would confirm.

Now I know where its going.

No, I just knew where this was going.

The point is that police are as likely to receive a ticket from Amey as you or me.

You have a bee in your bonnet and would like us all to agree with you and if we don't you will make a point and reiterate it over until as always the discussion goes somewhere else.

You will see that you have made a point, others have made a point.

Where does it go from here?

Make a point and **** off! That is my creed.

Here have some of these back :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

No, I just knew where this was going.

The point is that police are as likely to receive a ticket from Amey as you or me.

You have a bee in your bonnet and would like us all to agree with you and if we don't you will make a point and reiterate it over until as always the discussion goes somewhere else.

You will see that you have made a point, others have made a point.

Where does it go from here?

Make a point and **** off! That is my creed.

Here have some of these back :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

People make a point ,I make a point,at this point it is called discussion.

I believe I may have started this thread,so **** yourself.Thanks for limited input,I am now bored ,Good bye.

PS I have always fancied growing bees,perhaps the ones in my bonnet could start a colony.Now that is worth thinking about.Thanks:D:

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 20:26 ----------

So your main concern is that if an incident occurs involving the parked car on the double yellows then someone in higher authority must take the blame.

Wow, i didn't know that was your point at all otherwise i would have agreed, that's probably why the police are constantly being sued.

I suppose the person granting authority is partly responsible should some miscreant drive into a police car parked on a double yellow.

Unlike the parents on the school run who are personally 100% to blame for the whole shenanigans.

Hi Willman.Your comments seems to be genuine,so I will respond.Firstly no axe to grind with the people in Blue,far from it.

But as soon as I saw the photographs it just made me think ,we either have law or no law.I have no problem with that and will abide with whatever. We now look at events that have happened in the last few years ( Rotherham being one of them),we look at things with hindsight and continue with the blame culture that now exists .

What I am saying is when things have gone wrong ,we start judging them by todays standards .When we analyse ,then the final comments usually are ,

" There are lessons to be learned".By that time someone has paid a price,all for the sake of getting it right the first time and by allowing that lenient perk initially.

This may be a bit deep,but my opinion is if you remove the potential to go wrong then you have given your best and done what you are paid to do.

I could go on ,but I am probably being really boring.No more comments from me on this thread.