Tory welfare cuts

The facts are the conservative got rid of most of our manufacturing companies and therefore 1,000 of jobs lost, not to mention the coal mining industry. Two million manufacturing jobs were lost during the 1979–1981 recession, thats how the conservatives balance the books.

Never been a fact.

Never been a fact.

are we supposed to understand your post

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 13:18 ----------

We are now in 2015, look to the future with an open mind.

with there record harvey, it is very hard to do.

are we supposed to understand your post

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 13:18 ----------

with there record harvey, it is very hard to do.

Ok, to elaborate during the 70s there was all sorts of industrial strife and Britain was turning out over priced crap (often late because of industrial action) compared with other countries. A large chunk of manufacturing was surely done by private enterprise - if that failed it's down to the management. Lots of other countries were producing stuff better and cheaper and Brits were buying it. How that is the fault of any government I don't know.

Ok, to elaborate during the 70s there was all sorts of industrial strife and Britain was turning out over priced crap (often late because of industrial action) compared with other countries. A large chunk of manufacturing was surely done by private enterprise - if that failed it's down to the management. Lots of other countries were producing stuff better and cheaper and Brits were buying it. How that is the fault of any government I don't know.

Selling off assets didn't help nor did returning Hong Kong to China

Did they actually stop much? Labour would have cut more as well. From that perspective very little will change or would have changed if labour won.

I agree. Part of me wishes Labour had won so I could sit and watch Miliband crash and burn. But sadly take the economy with him.

Well now the Conservatives are in, unfettered by those pesky Lib Dems, they have carte blanche to do their worst.

Expect carnage.

The carnage has just been avoided . Had Milliband and Balls got their hands on the controls , that WOULD have been carnage.

The Conservatives because if Labour help the reins of power for long enough the country would become bankrupt and unable to support anyone.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 07:03 ----------

And we wouldn't be able to afford it without the Conservatives and their supporters.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 07:05 ----------

Welcome to the playground. ;)

I think you oversimplify matters - many people who are on benefits are in work, and many of them will have voted Tory. I do think they will be shocked when their benefits are cut. However, it is the sick and the disabled that I fear for....

Also, when David Cameron spoke about governing for the whole nation - he didn't just mean the 4 countries of the UK, but the rich and the poor as well. How he squares that with the country, while benefits are being cut, and his back benchers are encouraging him to hark back to the 'trickle down' era of the Thatcher years will be interesting!

The hanging fruit is gone.

Its not paper clips and admin.. The 12bn is a far and wide cut. Its everyone, kids, poor, middle income upwards...complete disaster and thats what i voted against.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 16:00 ----------

No benefits for 18-21 year olds? Some of the predicted cuts are ridiculous.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 16:03 ----------

I think you oversimplify matters - many people who are on benefits are in work, and many of them will have voted Tory. I do think they will be shocked when their benefits are cut. However, it is the sick and the disabled that I fear for....

Also, when David Cameron spoke about governing for the whole nation - he didn't just mean the 4 countries of the UK, but the rich and the poor as well. How he squares that with the country, while benefits are being cut, and his back benchers are encouraging him to hark back to the 'trickle down' era of the Thatcher years will be interesting!

The tax threshold rise is a smoke screen..

Its millions in work who will suffer, child tax credits etc..where do you find 60 billion? Not down the back of the sofa.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 16:05 ----------

The disabled will be forced to go on jsa, labour would of done away with these atos style tests. Absolute joke.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 16:10 ----------

The carnage has just been avoided . Had Milliband and Balls got their hands on the controls , that WOULD have been carnage.

You keep deriding balls and milliband but cant find examples..

Using your business brain, where are the 60bn cuts coming from? How do councils like sheffield plug a 300 million budget shortfall?

The hanging fruit is gone.

Its not paper clips and admin.. The 12bn is a far and wide cut. Its everyone, kids, poor, middle income upwards...complete disaster and thats what i voted against.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 16:00 ----------

No benefits for 18-21 year olds? Some of the predicted cuts are ridiculous.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 16:03 ----------

The tax threshold rise is a smoke screen..

Its millions in work who will suffer, child tax credits etc..where do you find 60 billion? Not down the back of the sofa.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 16:05 ----------

The disabled will be forced to go on jsa, labour would of done away with these atos style tests. Absolute joke.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 16:10 ----------

You keep deriding balls and milliband but cant find examples..

Using your business brain, where are the 60bn cuts coming from? How do councils like sheffield plug a 300 million budget shortfall?

That's point I was making.