Tory welfare cuts

It would cost us a few bob. The royals are a net financial benefit to the country.

Hahahaha, that old chestnut that is peddled, that is up for debate, people will still come to England to look at our grand buildings, we dont need a freeloader sat inside it to make that happen ...Chatsworth house anyone.?

12 billion of welfare cuts to come under tories. Who will lose out,

1. The disabled.

2. The pensioners

3. Those with children.

Cameron wouldn't deny that disabled people would be affected, so remember this when you vote on Thursday.

The one I've head banded about is the removal of Housing Benefit for under 25's.

No idea how much that would save, but quite a bit I'd guess.

---------- Post added 03-05-2015 at 19:20 ----------

I think his plan is to get more people into employment, as more people start earning money the welfare bill will fall.

Conventional wisdom would think that but the 2 million jobs created so far haven't resulted in it. In fact, they collect less Income/Capital tax than 2009 and the Welfare Bill has gone up.

---------- Post added 03-05-2015 at 19:22 ----------

Is the welfare bill the problem?

HS2, we obviously cannot afford it, so why is it going ahead? The cost of our debt each year is around £40 billion, HS2 is to cost a similar figure, scrap it and all is ok, at least for 1 year.

I agree with you, my firm is contantly telling us to cut back on expenses and not to go to meetings unless they are absolutely essential and instead to use technology to discuss things, so at a time when businesses are cutting back on travel why spend this silly amount of money.

Conventional wisdom would think that but the 2 million jobs created so far haven't resulted in it. In fact, they collect less Income/Capital tax than 2009 and the Welfare Bill has gone up.

Conventional wisdom would say that unemployment spending would come down and it has from £5.5bn to £4.2bn. Housing has come down from £4.7bn to £2.8bn. Indeed despite increases in other areas of welfare spending, the overall budget has come down slightly from £110.7bn to £109.8bn.

Still let's not let facts get in the way of delivering todays Labour Party central office rhetoric.

I suggest some people read the 'Disability and Carers' Thread on the Sheffield Forum 'Special Interest Groups' section. They already have a terribly hard time of it and many are just a small step away from desperate.

If Cameron really thinks he can make even small cuts here without causing devastation to people's lives then he's a disgrace. All this about his son Ivan too. No offence intended, but I'm sure caring for a disabled child when you're a multi-millionaire and can afford all the help you need, is a lot different to caring for one when you're already living on the breadline and have to depend on the dwindling help from the NHS for support.

If he wants unemployment to come down, he could try creating more NHS carers jobs and support workers, so that the help promised becomes a reality rather than a pipe dream.

Conventional wisdom would say that unemployment spending would come down and it has from £5.5bn to £4.2bn. Housing has come down from £4.7bn to £2.8bn. Indeed despite increases in other areas of welfare spending, the overall budget has come down slightly from £110.7bn to £109.8bn.

Still let's not let facts get in the way of delivering todays Labour Party central office rhetoric.

Really looking at the linked graph the one for the current financial year of 2014 looks consdierably bigger than the one for 2009/10 when Labour was in power.

Still best not to let facts get in the way of your anti-Labour rant.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/spending_chart_2000_2018UKb_40t

I suggest some people read the 'Disability and Carers' Thread on the Sheffield Forum 'Special Interest Groups' section. They already have a terribly hard time of it and many are just a small step away from desperate.

If Cameron really thinks he can make even small cuts here without causing devastation to people's lives then he's a disgrace. All this about his son Ivan too. No offence intended, but I'm sure caring for a disabled child when you're a multi-millionaire and can afford all the help you need, is a lot different to caring for one when you're already living on the breadline and have to depend on the dwindling help from the NHS for support.

If he wants unemployment to come down, he could try creating more NHS carers jobs and support workers, so that the help promised becomes a reality rather than a pipe dream.

To reduce the deficit the jobs need to be private sector jobs, not public sector jobs.

---------- Post added 03-05-2015 at 20:52 ----------

Really looking at the linked graph the one for the current financial year of 2014 looks consdierably bigger than the one for 2009/10 when Labour was in power.

That just proves that the Tories are more generous than Labour when it comes to welfare spending. :)

Go check 2015 on the same site, it's May 2015 btw

i am labour through and through, how i would cut the bill would be to put all second & third generation unemployed in substandard housing and give them food coupons, and nothing els.

Do you honestly think the job market has changed for the better in the last 5 years?.

Massive public sector job losses, mass discriminatation of the disabled (believe it or not they are not all scrounging on the benefit), huge rise in part time and zero hour contracts.

People are really struggling, and the scapegoat has been welfare, well they have made huge cuts there and do you feel any better off?.

Has it reduced your tax, has it given you a rise in your personal income and take home pay?. Did the bedroom tax result in social mobility, increase in free social housing stock?.

We sneer at those beneath us, who often are the ones that cover the cracks we leave behind with the weight of our bigotry and ignorance.

All the while the original problem remains, and in a few years time we will go on the rollercoaster all over again.....but when the welfare system is no longer to blame.....who next?.

Do you honestly think the job market has changed for the better in the last 5 years?.

Massive public sector job losses, mass discriminatation of the disabled (believe it or not they are not all scrounging on the benefit), huge rise in part time and zero hour contracts.

People are really struggling, and the scapegoat has been welfare, well they have made huge cuts there and do you feel any better off?.

Has it reduced your tax, has it given you a rise in your personal income and take home pay?. Did the bedroom tax result in social mobility, increase in free social housing stock?.

We sneer at those beneath us, who often are the ones that cover the cracks we leave behind with the weight of our bigotry and ignorance.

All the while the original problem remains, and in a few years time we will go on the rollercoaster all over again.....but when the welfare system is no longer to blame.....who next?.

At the place where i work, 30/40 agency staff got laid off, ten minutes before their shift ended....things have declined for the working man