Tory welfare cuts

QE continued well after 2010. Osborne somehow managed to semi-kill the economy at the same time. Quite an achievement.

All your posts seem to want to deny that Osborne doubled our national debt. Why?

On radio 4 'Moneybox' last week, Osbourne was interviewed and taken to task when he stated he had halved the deficit. He hadn't, he only halved the figure the Tories aimed for during their 5 year term in office.

Says it all really! The Tories pulled the wool over the public's eye.

It would never work.

Sheffield, as the greatest city (indeed, the ONLY city) in Yorkshire, should be the regional capital.

Sadly, L**ds think they should also be the capital, just because they are richer than we are but unfortunately they are a bunch of tory-voting morons.

And Doncaster also think they should be the regional capital because they have an airport, but they have an incompetent labour council.

And Rotherham think they should be capital just because they only have an incompetent labour council.

Now, is there any town or city in Yorkshire that I've missed?

I forgot Barnsley! :blush:

How could I forget Baaaaaaaaaarnsley, with their claim to fame of being chip-pan fire capital of the country :huh:

Its simple. Just make leeds, rotherham and donny 'greater sheffield'. York would be 'sheffield north'. No complaints as we are all the capital!

I like the suggestion but I dunno if it'll work. . . if there's one thing a Yorkshireman distrusts more than a bloody southerner, it's another Yorkshireman :suspect:

On radio 4 'Moneybox' last week, Osbourne was interviewed and taken to task when he stated he had halved the deficit. He hadn't, he only halved the figure the Tories aimed for during their 5 year term in office.

Says it all really! The Tories pulled the wool over the public's eye.

They frequently used the term 'paying down the debt' when the truth is they doubled it.

Collecting tax's is the job of HMRC, presumably they didn't collect it because they couldn't.

It did not help that the merger of the Inland Revenue with HM Customs to form HMRC in the mid 2000's resulted in thousands of job cuts.

Yet another legacy of Gordon Brown.

It did not help that the merger of the Inland Revenue with HM Customs to form HMRC in the mid 2000's resulted in thousands of job cuts.

Yet another legacy of Gordon Brown.

Totally agree. Terrible move.

Yeah, I wonder why Nasty Murdoch didn't mention that in his press.

Some more nastiness http://www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/6-conservative-policies-hit-ordinary-5667524?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Mecky lots of us must be wondering why you never reply to other posts concerning yours, and why you have this bitter fixation on nastiness regarding posters with a different view point to yours....................lots on the forum await with bated breath!........go on ,have a go,we dare you!

:loopy: I suggest you do some homework.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/jun/25/london-housing-benefit-claims-working-families

"Nine out of 10 new claims for local housing allowance (LHA) in outer London are from families with at least one adult in work, a study has found, demolishing the myth that all claimants are "workshy" or "scroungers".

It says that 9/10 new claims in London are from working people.

I can't see the bit that says 8/10 people claiming HB are working. Maybe you can point it out for me. Or is it you that has the ignorant dribble?

---------- Post added 09-05-2015 at 20:46 ----------

cameron probabley went to school with the bankers.

Milliband probably did too.

The problem is, Milliband skipped too many lessons and left school a dunce.

---------- Post added 09-05-2015 at 20:48 ----------

Osborne's austerity experiment killed off growth for 3 years after he inherited an economy that was growing strongly out of recession. He's responsible for a lot of additional and unnecessary borrowing. Now we have to borrow more to pay the interest on the extra money he already borrowed.

Have to say he looked a bit uneasy yesterday. He can't blame Labour any more.

Bloody 'ell mate. Have you seen a doctor about your amnesia?

Edited by salou4