Tory welfare cuts

And why did house prices rise?, and why when housing prices go low does the HB bill not fall?...someone is taking the cream.

Because Labour took housing out of the inflation figures, robbed pensions, demolished thousands of affordable houses which they didn't replace, and the population increased.

Those of us already getting State Pension won't get the new rate.

Just to clarify the current situation for state pensioners. We don't get free dental treatment unless we're on means tested benefits. Pensioners on full means tested benefits (Pension Credit), currently get £151.20 (single) and £230.85 (couple)plus housing and council tax benefits, and can claim Cold Weather Payments. Its not a fortune, but I know several pensioners who for whatever reason have no other income, and they manage ok. Some who were on work related benefits have seen their incomes almost double when eligible for Pension Credit.

All state pensioners currently have free local travel, free prescriptions, free eye tests and Winter Fuel Allowance of £200 per household (single or couple), or £300 per household for over eighties. There are rumours that those universal benefits may eventually be means tested. Is that worse than taking child benefit away from a family where one member earns above £50k?

Pensioners aren't subject to sanctions, and if they are claiming housing benefits for social housing, they are not penalised for having too many bedrooms. There have been many worse times to be a pensioner!

So Kidley's comments were complete nonsense then?

And I asked for no lies.

Because Labour took housing out of the inflation figures, robbed pensions, demolished thousands of affordable houses which they didn't replace, and the population increased.

Senisble to take housing out of inflation.The tories robbed my pension even more than Labour did. Houses were unsafe and needed to to be demolished. The tories have increased the population even more.

So Kidley's comments were complete nonsense then?

And I asked for no lies.

No they are not If your pension as of know is £115 you get credits to make it up with that you do get - read this

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1786.aspx?CategoryID=74

this bit

Pension Credit guarantee credit or Universal credit (check entitlement after October 31 2015)

dont say my post are 'complete nonsense' till you check them out.

No they are not If your pension as of know is £115 you get credits to make it up with that you do get - read this

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1786.aspx?CategoryID=74

this bit

Pension Credit guarantee credit or Universal credit (check entitlement after October 31 2015)

dont say my post are 'complete nonsense' till you check them out.

...................:hihi:

Conventional wisdom would say that unemployment spending would come down and it has from £5.5bn to £4.2bn. Housing has come down from £4.7bn to £2.8bn. Indeed despite increases in other areas of welfare spending, the overall budget has come down slightly from £110.7bn to £109.8bn.

So after five years of punishing the poor, the Tories have only managed to save us £0.9bn?

Am I supposed to be impressed?

Those of us already getting State Pension won't get the new rate.

Just to clarify the current situation for state pensioners. We don't get free dental treatment unless we're on means tested benefits. Pensioners on full means tested benefits (Pension Credit), currently get £151.20 (single) and £230.85 (couple)plus housing and council tax benefits, and can claim Cold Weather Payments. Its not a fortune, but I know several pensioners who for whatever reason have no other income, and they manage ok. Some who were on work related benefits have seen their incomes almost double when eligible for Pension Credit.

All state pensioners currently have free local travel, free prescriptions, free eye tests and Winter Fuel Allowance of £200 per household (single or couple), or £300 per household for over eighties. There are rumours that those universal benefits may eventually be means tested. Is that worse than taking child benefit away from a family where one member earns above £50k?

Pensioners aren't subject to sanctions, and if they are claiming housing benefits for social housing, they are not penalised for having too many bedrooms. There have been many worse times to be a pensioner!

It's like a ray of sunshine reading your factual and positive post instead of the usual moans.]

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Quote tags

So you now agree that some pensioners on £115 pw get free dental treatment, unless they have a few quid tucked away:roll:

I didnt know some pensioners had to pay, basic treatment should be free for all.