Tory welfare cuts

The Tories have stopped free prescriptions for pensioners? Or they have put it in their next manifesto? Is that what you're saying?

I'm sorry I must have missed that.

When was that announced?

This is what I was asking. You went chattering on about dentists.

Be kind enough to answer the question?

---------- Post added 04-05-2015 at 09:58 ----------

Oh and could it be in something vaguely resembling English and the truth

This is what I was asking. You went chattering on about dentists.

Be kind enough to answer the question?

---------- Post added 04-05-2015 at 09:58 ----------

Oh and could it be in something vaguely resembling English and the truth

with all due respect, there's only one bungalow round here :D:D:D

No they are not If your pension as of know is £115 you get credits to make it up with that you do get - read this

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1786.aspx?CategoryID=74

this bit

Pension Credit guarantee credit or Universal credit (check entitlement after October 31 2015)

dont say my post are 'complete nonsense' till you check them out.

No you don't. Pension credits are means tested and very few OAPs will qualify. The idea that everyone will have their pension made up to £150 per week is a lie.

I, for one, will be stuck on £115 per week for the rest of my life with no serps and no pension credit to increas it. If I live for another 20 years, I will have lost out to the tune of £42,000.

I will also miss out on various things that come with being on pension credit.

I don't qualify for a pension until I'm 63, and neither do I qualify for the 4% interest savings scheme for pensioners, (have to be over 65 to get one.)

This has been the subject of another thread for anyone interested, There is a whole raft of women born before April 1953 who miss out like this, but gulled into a false sense of security by the blatent Tory lie that 'no one will miss out.'

with all due respect, there's only one bungalow round here :D:D:D

Are we talking about pensioners' housing now?

So ... for the sake of this assume that (and I think you have) I am a "bungalow"...

you said..

As said they all do it one way or the other, the tories are raising the old age pension to £148. so the old age pensioners cannot claim free prescriptions free dentist etc etc

you have very kindly explained the dentistry issue, but you have claimed that pensioners cannot claim free prescriptions. Is this true? Or is it a mistake on your part or a lie? Or have I missed the proposal somewhere?

I'd be very happy to be shown where you are right.

Are we talking about pensioners' housing now?

So ... for the sake of this assume that (and I think you have) I am a "bungalow"...

you said..

As said they all do it one way or the other, the tories are raising the old age pension to £148. so the old age pensioners cannot claim free prescriptions free dentist etc etc

you have very kindly explained the dentistry issue, but you have claimed that pensioners cannot claim free prescriptions. Is this true? Or is it a mistake on your part or a lie? Or have I missed the proposal somewhere?

I'd be very happy to be shown where you are right.

Oh dear slip of the pen as they say, i dont know whether prescription charges for OAP's will change or not

Oh dear slip of the pen as they say, i dont know whether prescription charges for OAP's will change or not

OK thank you - you are very gracious having been found out to be lying.

The trouble is, and Ed Moribund sets a shining example, there are many made-up lies put about the Tories, and whilst you resort to insults, a little persistence exposes these untruths. You may go on your way now oh towering 7 story intellect that you so obviously are.

OK thank you - you are very gracious having been found out to be lying.

The trouble is, and Ed Moribund sets a shining example, there are many made-up lies put about the Tories, and whilst you resort to insults, a little persistence exposes these untruths. You may go on your way now oh towering 7 story intellect that you so obviously are.

LYING you really do have difficulty understanding things:loopy:

Like the mayor of one of the towns effected by the number of immigrants trying to get to the UK said. Its our overly generous benefits system that is the cause of the problem.

Benefits are for those in need, not an entitlement.