Tory welfare cuts

Is the welfare bill the problem?

HS2, we obviously cannot afford it, so why is it going ahead? The cost of our debt each year is around £40 billion, HS2 is to cost a similar figure, scrap it and all is ok, at least for 1 year.

But as HS2 isn't even being built yet it is difficult to save money by not building it again next year.

It was a thought from a think tank - not tory policy as lied about by the Indy newspaper. Or you for that matter.

Are you actually saying you accidentally typed the words " the old age pensioners cannot claim free prescriptions " ? And the random keystrokes happened to come up with an anti tory lie?

Am I supposed to believe this?

Or is it a lie?

The election is mere days away, yet still we don't really know what we are voting for.

This must be the only occasion when we are expected to make an important decision when we don't even have the facts to guide us, just 'promises' and counter promises any of which can be broken on a whim.

Savings have to be made? Maybe, but there are a number of ways that can be done without hurting the electorate. They could start with cutting the number of MPs, cutting the number of highly paid civil servants in Westminster, and cutting the number of Lords in the upper house. But that's not even been considered, in fact it seems to me these are the only people still unaffected by cuts. I wonder why?

Doesn't this show an absolute contempt for the electorate. Do they think we're stupid?

It was a thought from a think tank - not tory policy as lied about by the Indy newspaper. Or you for that matter.

Are you actually saying you accidentally typed the words " the old age pensioners cannot claim free prescriptions " ? And the random keystrokes happened to come up with an anti tory lie?

Am I supposed to believe this?

Or is it a lie?

I take it you cannot read

The controversial call by Nick Boles, a leading Conservative moderniser, is a clear sign that Mr Cameron is moving towards cutting benefits for some pensioners from 2015.

The controversial call by Nick Boles, a leading Conservative moderniser, is a clear sign that Mr Cameron is moving towards cutting benefits for some pensioners from 2015.

A leading sign, so we're not talking about facts, but rather what could happen.

You've found a leftie paper that said in 2012 that someone who works for a think tank may propose a reduction perhaps in 2015. Possibly.

And presented it as fact.

Lol :hihi:

:banana::banana:

The first entire Y-shaped 540-kilometre (335 mi) network was estimated to cost £30 billion. June 2013 saw the projected cost rise by £10bn to £42.6bn. Boris Johnson similarly warned that the costs of the scheme would be in excess of £70 billion. The Institute of Economic Affairs estimates that it will cost more than £80 billion. I am sure someone has charged the Government millions already, even estimates and plans dont come cheap. Leeds were hoping to have a supertram system, it never happened, but it still cost Leeds tax payers millions.