The Plough-sandygate

It's a catch 22, it was great location for me but I stopped going in there because nobody was looking after the beer, maybe because they were trying to keep costs down due to lack of custom. But if they had served better quality beer I would have kept going in and giving them my custom.

The neighbours want to keep it. So do loads of other people. It's only an eyesore now because the bloke who bought it tried to change use to a builder's yard.

Decision by the councillors today. Hopefully they will say no to demolition and yes to keeping Sheffield's heritage.

Edited by Bilge

42 minutes ago, Bilge said:

The neighbours want to keep it. So do loads of other people. <snip>

To what use do the neighbours and loads of other people envisage it being put?

Has anyone put forward a business plan to ensure its sustainability?

Next to no chance of it being a pub again imo. Nobody wanted to invest before but now with many existing pubs struggling to survive cant see anyone wanting to spend the huge investment needed here, the place is a mess.

11 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Next to no chance of it being a pub again imo. Nobody wanted to invest before but now with many existing pubs struggling to survive cant see anyone wanting to spend the huge investment needed here, the place is a mess.

Yes, I think you're right.  It needs a hell of a lot of money spending on it and no guarantee at all the pub would survive. Would be interesting to see a cash flow projection.

The developer certainly won't be happy that permission for demolition  wasn't granted. Especially as there us a good chance house prices will drop substantially next year, reducing their profits...