Selective licence in areas in and around surrounding areas

why would you expect the council to deal with anti social behaviour on the street its the job of the police, private housing only deal with issues relating to private rented properties (e.g overcrowding) and then they deal with the landlord it is the landlords responsibility to ensure his tenants behave responsibly.

Yes but you see when the consulting sessions were taking place the main point was made regarding anti social behaviour in the area as how it made the statistics which is why they could consider the area for selective licence

again it was a hand full of landlords who were and probably still are making profit and couldn't care less. Why couldn't council get a hand full of staff to do what they are doing now like knocking on doors etc to check up on properties also coming back to my pointon the earlier thread if only council worked with people in the area IF ONLY and get them involved it would have been a different ball game maybe a better strategy

. . . it is the landlords responsibility to ensure his tenants behave responsibly.

No it isn't, landlords provide accommodation and not a behaviour control service...

and that is why the area is such a tip.

The private landlords are washing their hands of their problems, saying the problem tenants are not their responsibility and that it is the council's fault, or the Police's fault.

The council blames the landlords for renting out sub-standard properties and says the landlords should vet their tenants.

To which the private landlords reply that they aren't allowed to discriminate against the Roma tenants because that's illegal.

While the arguments go back and forth, the poor residents who are caught in the middle are continuing to suffer.

Time to vote for the kippers? They're the only party acknowledging that we don't need Roma gypsies in the UK.

Yes but you see when the consulting sessions were taking place the main point was made regarding anti social behaviour in the area as how it made the statistics which is why they could consider the area for selective licence

again it was a hand full of landlords who were and probably still are making profit and couldn't care less. Why couldn't council get a hand full of staff to do what they are doing now like knocking on doors etc to check up on properties also coming back to my pointon the earlier thread if only council worked with people in the area IF ONLY and get them involved it would have been a different ball game maybe a better strategy

Are they knocking on doors ???

why would you expect the council to deal with anti social behaviour on the street its the job of the police, private housing only deal with issues relating to private rented properties (e.g overcrowding) and then they deal with the landlord it is the landlords responsibility to ensure his tenants behave responsibly.

[/b]

My bold=

No it isn't, landlords provide accommodation and not a behaviour control service...

You mean to say, if living in a council house {or any where els] you cant /dont get evicted for causing anti social behaviour, that goes for ANY land lord. mafya you are the classic case of the landlords that know nothing of being one, face up to your responsibilities and do your land lording as it should be done or the council will make you.

Yes that is the team on the ground frm private housing standards they go around looking at houses in the area

Can I please ask do you live in the area .. Well it's taking them some time thats all I can say.License is only granted for 5 yrs one year has already gone !!!!Does anyne know if tenants are given copies of License please....

Edited by lyndyloo

You mean to say, if living in a council house {or any where els] you cant /dont get evicted for causing anti social behaviour, that goes for ANY land lord. mafya you are the classic case of the landlords that know nothing of being one, face up to your responsibilities and do your land lording as it should be done or the council will make you.

I don't have any problem tenants, i make sure they are well vetted before offering a tenancy...

The council do didly squat by the way, a couple of landlords I know are trying to evict problem Roma tenants and the council are not really helping them.

The problem is when the landlords in the area tried to do there jobs rite the council would object and advice Tennants the opposite for example when and if the tenants decided to be a anti social etc the landlord would give a section which normally would be ok and you would expect them to go normal I'd say 80% do The council however would advice the tenants to stay put until the landlord gets a court order how is that helping the area it's just putting a big hole in the landlords pockets which in fact deters LL's to take that step hence causes bad ppl in area to continue as they were, And by the way if you look in to the homeless act 1973 I think or 83 ? it's the local authorities job to provide accommodation for people with a section within 2 weeks.

and also if it's the landlords were the problem why not work with them rather than screw them lol and why would boroughs around the UK likes of London giving up to £4k to landlords to give their houses to council tenants the fact is the landlords no matter how decent feel they don't get appreciated for what they do rather get put down for what they should and could do

The problem is when the landlords in the area tried to do there jobs rite the council would object and advice Tennants the opposite for example when and if the tenants decided to be a anti social etc the landlord would give a section which normally would be ok and you would expect them to go normal I'd say 80% do The council however would advice the tenants to stay put until the landlord gets a court order how is that helping the area it's just putting a big hole in the landlords pockets which in fact deters LL's to take that step hence causes bad ppl in area to continue as they were, And by the way if you look in to the homeless act 1973 I think or 83 ? it's the local authorities job to provide accommodation for people with a section within 2 weeks.

and also if it's the landlords were the problem why not work with them rather than screw them lol and why would boroughs around the UK likes of London giving up to £4k to landlords to give their houses to council tenants the fact is the landlords no matter how decent feel they don't get appreciated for what they do rather get put down for what they should and could do

Well said and spot on about the council siding with the tenants....