Blades v Swindon

Yeah, the ref and you apparently missed the 2 utd players encroaching when the pen was taken, should have been re-taken

Yeah encroaching, just about the most terrible thing you can do to the opposition, especially when they are doing it at the same time.

Completely altered the outcome of the match did that, even though the penalty taker had no idea it was happening.

Forget about hand ball, two clear penalty shouts and the ref not playing advantage, it was that encroaching what did it! :hihi:

Yeah encroaching, just about the most terrible thing you can do to the opposition, especially when they are doing it at the same time.

Completely altered the outcome of the match did that, even though the penalty taker had no idea it was happening.

Forget about hand ball, two clear penalty shouts and the ref not playing advantage, it was that encroaching what did it! :hihi:

Refs calls? part and parcel of the game. I watched the match and thoroughly enjoyed it and not just because of the result. The hand ball, was it intentional, don't know really, more ball to hand methinks.

If you think you've been hard done by, and I don't, thought they shaded it over the 90 mins you got 4 options I reckon

Just seen the highlights on youtube, all 1 minute of it lol

2 good goals by swindon tbf

one question blades, i was looking for a video posted by the united club, dont they post official videos on youtube themselves like wednesday do? couldnt find any.

the match ones seemed to all be posted by the opposing teams (donny, chesterfield, swindon etc) or what looked like fans accounts, no official account?

Also a good goal by United.

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 20:25 ----------

I dont really ever mention refs because they are part and parcel but this one really did seem to have it in for united. Im neutral.

Refs calls? part and parcel of the game. I watched the match and thoroughly enjoyed it and not just because of the result. The hand ball, was it intentional, don't know really, more ball to hand methinks.

If you think you've been hard done by, and I don't, thought they shaded it over the 90 mins you got 4 options I reckon

Read my first post on the match page 4 post 66 my view is given there.

Of course you don't think we were hard done to, you're biased. :)

Some of us however try to view a game as it happens and try to be a little more unbiased in our views.

For instance, many years ago you lot were winning 1-0 at Old Trafford and the ref conjured up 7 and a half minutes of extra time from nowhere and ManU won 2-1.

Not only did I not take any pleasure from that I thought it was completely against all sporting spirit.

There were no more than two to three minutes of added time to be played in the second half of that game but the ref decided to add an extra four.

If you are old enough to remember that match you obviously took a different view, " part and parcel of the game " you will have said.

And I'm sure that you have never at any time passed a negative comment on a ref getting it wrong in a match where Wednesday suffered as a result. :)

And if you think it was ball to hand you seriously need to pay a visit to Spec Savers.

Watched most of the game,Swindon were worthy winners,apart from 15 mins at the start and end of the game utd were poor and ST looked like they a rugby squad on the pitch picking up most 2nd balls and swarming allover utd in MF.

Lots of dubious decisions,ref wasnt great,pen appeals on both sides,blatant encroachment at the ST pen,should have been re taken.

But its only HT,utd should improve,and the beardy bloke that came on in last 15 mins livened them up no end.id start him, so all is far from lost.

Both those sides will struggle for survival if promoted,and need to do a roverum and import an extra 20 odd players,the quality was definately L1

Edited by staninoodle

Read my first post on the match page 4 post 66 my view is given there.

Of course you don't think we were hard done to, you're biased. :)

Some of us however try to view a game as it happens and try to be a little more unbiased in our views.

For instance, many years ago you lot were winning 1-0 at Old Trafford and the ref conjured up 7 and a half minutes of extra time from nowhere and ManU won 2-1.

Not only did I not take any pleasure from that I thought it was completely against all sporting spirit.

There were no more than two to three minutes of added time to be played in the second half of that game but the ref decided to add an extra four.

If you are old enough to remember that match you obviously took a different view, " part and parcel of the game " you will have said.

And I'm sure that you have never at any time passed a negative comment on a ref getting it wrong in a match where Wednesday suffered as a result. :)

And if you think it was ball to hand you seriously need to pay a visit to Spec Savers.

told you before, them posts of yours are just too long

Watched most of the game,Swindon were worthy winners,apart from 15 mins at the start and end of the game utd were poor and ST looked like they a rugby squad on the pitch picking up most 2nd balls and swarming allover utd in MF.

Lots of dubious decisions,ref wasnt great,pen appeals on both sides,blatant encroachment at the ST pen,should have been re taken.

But its only HT,utd should improve,and the beardy bloke that came on in last 15 mins livened them up no end.id start him, so all is far from lost.

Both those sides will struggle for survival if promoted,and need to do a roverum and import an extra 20 odd players,the quality was definately L1

United started all guns blazing and went in front through Freeman, had a blatant pen turned down as blind pugh said his arms were down, they were out wide. Swindown toook 28 minutes for 1st shot & that was a missed pen, okay encroachment but yuo show me ANY pen it doesn't happen.

2nd half United went walkabout until about 20 mins to go when done came on, he hastled and bustled. He scored a good goal the black defender falls under his own efforts, yet the worse ref in years gave a foul, there was also a pen on Flynn not given.

Half time now write us off all Swidon did was kick and dive and have a bent refereee, if United go to Wiltshire & win then you lot get ready.

---------- Post added 09-05-2015 at 12:32 ----------

Watch your pen at Ballmouth 7 players in area, don't you call that encroachment OMG selective vision,

Edited by Bypassblade