Anyone remember diesel electric service station

when I was 15 I started work at a small garage that dealt with auto electrics and diesel fuel pumps on HGV lorry's we were diesel electric service station an Ellin St behind were staples is now next door was vestric medical supplies. we then in 1967 moved to brownel st off upper allan st anyone remember us. it went bankrupt in the late 1990. wonder if any ex employee are still around a few of them were brian warriner of great hucklow , brian price who lived in bakewell, ray Edwards who lived in upperthorpe I don't suppose anyone who worked there remembers those days x

Hi cookingfat50,i certainly remember Dessy,i sorted all the cars and vans which the reps used.Brian Warriners funeral is today at Hucklow where he lived,Ron Lake has also gone.Ernest Heppinstall is still working,there was fat mick in the stores along with liitle Brien,big Dennis.Brian Cooling and Malcolm Robbins were reps as was Ken Dronfield.there was also Dave Quarmby who they made service manager.I also fixed the same for the sister company Automotive Electric on Nursery st and their branch at Dronfield.There are some names i forget now but i knew almost everyone including Mr Walker the owner.

thanks for replying to my message was very upset to here brian warriner had died he wasn't the biggest of men but was as strong as a bull he had a gorgeous wife Janice & 2 big lads both twins, I took redundancy when I could feel things weren't going right there were times when we would fight over any little job that came in even down to taking old stuff apart and makig one out of twenty units I started there as an apprentice auto electrician, towards the end I would make new starter motors dynamos, alternators out of ones hat were going for scrap my firs boss was a guy called Charlie wilde, and my foreman called George rumsby. many are dead, I heard ron lake was dead. I knew ron from the 50s when he lived up the old slums of pitsmoor I was a big mate of his son stan, my best mate there was brian price, the last time I heard of him he was doing time for theft and fraud. in the stores were denis Shirley, little brian, who I went fishing with. the reps brian cooling, ken, who's son I was at school with, there were 2 women in the office then one was barbera lishman and aa little bird called janet it was the time when the girls wore mni skirts and I mean mini skirts the rest must hae been after me as idond't remember them one of the lads was called david stowe a big man built like bricj **** house strong as an ox we would play pranks on him me and my mate shaun smith we would fill his hub caps with bearing the noice would drive him mad one time we substituted chocolate for laxatives, he was off for 3 days nearly killed us when he came back had lots of good times there and mr walker who never said much all gone I suppose, thanks for bringing back memory's of people I sent my young days with steve x

cookingfat50,It was a shame when they went pop,Ron Lake came to see me to tell me that they wernt using my services anymore because they were going to use contract vehicles he was very good with me and always paid and never grumbled he was really upset at having to tell me this,because they had found some one they could trust.Rons brotherTom was a wide boy car boot full of the best Whisky and cigars for sweetners,he was manager of a large scrap business.I remember the names you mentioned My mate is Ernest Heppinstall and he went there from Simms he was there for years before they closed.Yes happy days and plenty of fiddle.Just been talking to my mate Brian Stowe came from Simms as well where they also pulled stunts on him.Brian Lindley was little Brian.What is your name as my mate would like to know Oh almost forgot he says Rons son was called Dave.

Edited by bullerboY

My name is steve belk I was little when I joined the firm there was Brian Linley, Denis Shirley George rumsby, Brian Warner, Brian price went to live and start up in rows lento forgetting Fred crossly the battery man, Charlie disks and george rumsby, Barbara leishmania, and the manager Charlie wild that was the full team when I joined on the 5th September 1966 aged 15 worked 53 hours a week for £3.19.06 pence rubbish pay but that's what I wanted to do then regarded steve