Which party will get the UK on track?

If the UK borrows so much money AND still has to make cut-backs why do we allow 100's of thousands of immigrants to settle here? If we cant feed and treat our own, where's the money coming from to sustain others?

Maybe those immigrants may actually make a positive contribution to the country?

I like various policies from a selection of the parties. I must be the only person, in the country, apart from Greens themselves, who think this citizen payment policy is a good idea.. If that's what they call it.. I mean the policy that awards everyone a certain amount each week... :)

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 14:10 ----------

If the UK borrows so much money AND still has to make cut-backs why do we allow 100's of thousands of immigrants to settle here? If we cant feed and treat our own, where's the money coming from to sustain others?

Immigrants are welcome here. Most people will accept that. It's about numbers and the skills they bring. I've always found Indians and Chinese provide nothing but major benefits for the country.. There's many more, of course. I don't think flooding the country will low skilled migrants from the EU is a good policy though.

Looking at the news from the UK I am wondering if I could be seeing the beginning of the incredibly disappearing nation.

On the one hand there seems to be a movement towards leaving the EU while at the same time the Scots Nats seem to be gearing up for another referendum on leaving the UK.

What next? Wales? After that an independence movement in Cornwall ?

:D

Immigrants are welcome here. Most people will accept that. It's about numbers and the skills they bring. I've always found Indians and Chinese provide nothing but major benefits for the country.. There's many more, of course. I don't think flooding the country will low skilled migrants from the EU is a good policy though.

The Chinese and Indians do tend to be a positive influence on society. People from other countries not so much.

Looking at the news from the UK I am wondering if I could be seeing the beginning of the incredibly disappearing nation.

On the one hand there seems to be a movement towards leaving the EU while at the same time the Scots Nats seem to be gearing up for another referendum on leaving the UK.

I genuinely hope Wales and Scotland break away

Seems to be one of the riskiest times ever for us. At risk of the union breaking up and at risk of leaving the EU.

How would England on its own fare outside the EU and without Scotland, maybe Wales too? We'd have roughly the same population as Spain, maybe a similar sized economy too. We'd lose our place in the world, in the G7, the security council etc... Luxuries like Trident would become unaffordable. And we'd have none of the advantages of being in the EU.

Forget the comparisons with Greece. Turkey would be more like it.

Seems to be one of the riskiest times ever for us. At risk of the union breaking up and at risk of leaving the EU.

How would England on its own fare outside the EU and without Scotland, maybe Wales too? We'd have roughly the same population as Spain, maybe a similar sized economy too. We'd lose our place in the world, in the G7, the security council etc... Luxuries like Trident would become unaffordable. And we'd have none of the advantages of being in the EU.

Forget the comparisons with Greece. Turkey would be more like it.

Please advise me on the "advantages" of been in the EU. Just as a starter it costs the UK 55 million pounds a DAY to be a member of this failed institution, and since it's conception the EU "books" have NEVER been ratified. Any other institution would have been disbanded years ago if it's spending had not been ratified on a yearly basis. But hey, this is the EU that makes its own rules up, remember Ireland - voted to leave the EU, then had to have another ballot to make sure the debacle that is the EU got its own way.

Angel1.

Please advise me on the "advantages" of been in the EU. Just as a starter it costs the UK 55 million pounds a DAY to be a member of this failed institution, and since it's conception the EU "books" have NEVER been ratified. Any other institution would have been disbanded years ago if it's spending had not been ratified on a yearly basis. But hey, this is the EU that makes its own rules up, remember Ireland - voted to leave the EU, then had to have another ballot to make sure the debacle that is the EU got its own way.

Angel1.

If leaving cost us more that £55m a day then leaving would be futile.

You got to see both sides of it.

If leaving cost us more that £55m a day then leaving would be futile.

You got to see both sides of it.

But the nasties never do, it's always I'm alright Jack, which is the attitude prevalent in UK society