Car leasing advice

Hi

my Daughter has been leasing a car for about the last twelve months, in that time it has broken down four times, incidentally it is/was a new car, this week it broke down again she took it back to where she is leasing it from they gave her a curtesy car but after a couple of days they have told her they cant find anything wrong with it and told her to take it back and if it happens again to have it taken back to them on a breakdown truck, she drives it for business and is frightened to drive it on such roads as the motorway which she say could be dangerous she feels like telling them to keep it, any advice please.

kidley

They will fob her off for the next 2 years, at which point they will want her to renew. They will do this by examining the car for every minor detail and financially penalise her for every scratch & scrape. But should she renew, they will waive these penalties.

I really don't like PLPs for cars, they are a real long term winner for the dealers.

Can she stop her direct debit, return the car and tell them it's not fit for purpose? I'm no lawyer, so this may be a big no-no, just an idea