Help! How can I use amazon.com balance in UK?

Hello! I have won some gift cards to use them on amazon.com and I have applied them to my account. Now I have the balance of $700 but how can I use it in the UK? I tried to search amazon.com for international shipping but there only few items available and even those are very hard to find. I do not have any friends or relatives in USA so I can't sell or gift to anyone I know. Any advice please?

If you can't transfer the balance then you could get a parcel forwarding account with a company like bundlebox.com or stackry.com

You get Amazon to deliver in the USA to them and they forward the package at your cost.

Bundlebox will sort out the customs charges (VAT) in advance for you. Stackry will leave it up to the courier so you are likely to get an extra bill on import from them.

There are many other parcel forwarding companies but take care because some have a bad reputation or are fake.

I'm surprised you're finding no international shipping. I've ordered everything including a Blu-Ray player from there and never had any issues with shipping.

I would have thought you can just buy something from the UK arm of Amazon and have it shipped to where you live here exactly as you would do anyway. Won't they just apply the Sterling equivalent from the dollars you have in your account?

I've got a friend in the US and she just looks on the UK version, selects whatever they want, and put me as the shipping address and pay in dollars....I suppose that's the other way around, but whatever...it works...

I would have thought you can just buy something from the UK arm of Amazon and have it shipped to where you live here exactly as you would do anyway. Won't they just apply the Sterling equivalent from the dollars you have in your account?

I've got a friend in the US and she just looks on the UK version, selects whatever they want, and put me as the shipping address and pay in dollars....I suppose that's the other way around, but whatever...it works...

You need to have different accounts on the UK and US Amazon.

You need to have different accounts on the UK and US Amazon.

My friend has an account there, and I have an account here...When they send me stuff it's bought from UK Amazon, and shipped to me....I don't think Amazon really care where the money comes from as long as they get it...

Does this help at all? It's the Amazon currency comverter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201253880

Or this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200672250

or even this:

Accepted Payment Methods

Amazon Payments accepts verified UK, German and Luxembourg bank or building society accounts, credit cards, debit cards, and transfers from your available Amazon Payments account balance. Credit cards currently accepted include Visa, MasterCard (Euro Card), and American Express. Debit cards currently accepted include Visa Electron, Delta and Maestro.

Edited by PeteMorris

I tried to contact Amazon and they said that I can't use amazon.com balance on amazon.co.uk

That's why I don't know what to do. I thought maybe I could try to sell these balance as I could purchase the gift cards and send them to the buyer but I have no idea where I could advertise this and how payment and etc. would work. Any ideas?

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 14:27 ----------

If you can't transfer the balance then you could get a parcel forwarding account with a company like bundlebox.com or stackry.com

You get Amazon to deliver in the USA to them and they forward the package at your cost.

Bundlebox will sort out the customs charges (VAT) in advance for you. Stackry will leave it up to the courier so you are likely to get an extra bill on import from them.

There are many other parcel forwarding companies but take care because some have a bad reputation or are fake.

I checked Bundlebox but only import duty charges would cost at least £100 and shipping would add at least £50 even for very small item such as mobile.

I tried to contact Amazon and they said that I can't use amazon.com balance on amazon.co.uk

That's why I don't know what to do. I thought maybe I could try to sell these balance as I could purchase the gift cards and send them to the buyer but I have no idea where I could advertise this and how payment and etc. would work. Any ideas?

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 14:27 ----------

I checked Bundlebox but only import duty charges would cost at least £100 and shipping would add at least £50 even for very small item such as mobile.

I'll ask my friend in the states and see how it works for them...The simply logic to me, would be as Amazon is a worldwide company, who cares where the money is, as long as they get it...But of course I suppose logic hasn't got much bearing on the matter.