Am I obliged to pay

You own them nothing as you did not ask for the work to be carried out. They have no contract with you to provide the service.

You do not have to pay a thing.

If they had the power to force you to pay, you could do the reverse, pop down to the council building, do a spot of painting and send them a huge bill.

Refuse to pay and if they try to strong arm you, say you're more than welcome to tell your side of the story to a Magistrate.

what has been done?

Remember that just because they have done something that looks ok doesn't mean it wont cause a problem in the future, might have caused hidden problems you cant see.

Get records off them for what has been done and a warranty for the work. Make sure you confirm theyre responsibility for the works having been carried out properly.

I would not pay them.

what has been done?

Remember that just because they have done something that looks ok doesn't mean it wont cause a problem in the future, might have caused hidden problems you cant see.

Get records off them for what has been done and a warranty for the work. Make sure you confirm theyre responsibility for the works having been carried out properly.

I would not pay them.

They have put some tiles back in place on roof which had come loose when we had strong winds but they have been loose for a while but my roof has never leaked ,my neighbour had also had some come loose but I think their roof leaked hence the council getting involved.

Unlucky that they didn't put a new roof on it for you as the council ones near me are getting new roofs done atm.

Give them nothing as it is their error....