Am I obliged to pay

Give it no further thought or consideration for now. Put the letters away in case you need them in future. Do the dame with any others but otherwise ignore thm its their error and they have not got a leg to stand on as long as you have signed nothing.

Good point Loob and they might be interested to kear about you thinking of taking the story to the Star and local radio. Not to mention the TV has a number of programmes that are looking for stories.

Would be a great story. I can just see his poor sad face and a picture of him pointing up to his free £10,000 roof. :P

---------- Post added 08-05-2015 at 20:10 ----------

How come the neighbour didn't notice the Scaffold had been erected at the wrong house ?

He just thought his son was playing with his Meccano set.:D

How come the neighbour didn't notice the Scaffold had been erected at the wrong house ?

She just assumed I have having my tiles replaced as the council never gave her a date to do the work on her house

Has anyone sent you an invoice? if they have ask for the copy of the order from you? obviously they cant produce that so you haven't authorized it. their fault their problem as they have trespassed and altered your property. do not pay or acknowledge any further communications.

Possibility that they may return and 'undo' the work!! Just a thought.

That would be vandalism, you could call the police.

I believe that in English law you are not obliged to pay for anything you did not order.

Possibility that they may return and 'undo' the work!! Just a thought.

Just think about the waste of money it would cost the council by erecting the scaffolding plus the labour involved to undo the work done. :loopy:

Has anyone sent you an invoice? if they have ask for the copy of the order from you? obviously they cant produce that so you haven't authorized it. their fault their problem as they have trespassed and altered your property. do not pay or acknowledge any further communications.

Not had an invoice no just a letter explaining that the repair had been done by mistake and would I contribute towards costs. Ie scaffolding and labour