Weedon street Attercliffe

Hi I wonder if any of you kind people would help me find out some information about Weedon Street Attercliffe.

I was born there in 1970 but would like to know the exact number and also how long my family lived there if possible. My family name is Khan.

Any pics would be a bonus :0)

Thank you in Advance.

The houses in Weedon Street were evidently "court" houses and so the occupants are not shown in Kelly's directories (here is a scan from the 1971 directory, compiled in 1970) but all residents able to vote will be on the electoral rolls held by the Local Studies Library. Here is a link to a picturesheffield.com photo of Weedon street, taken in 1966.

Many thanks for that Hillboro. Do you know why court houses didn't have numbers? And how were they different from terraced? I'm wondering whether they were like Garth road in Darnall where you had four houses share one yard.

Thestars

..Do you know why court houses didn't have numbers?...
They did have numbers, such as "House 2, Court 3" but for some reason the occupants were not listed in Kelly's directories - I've no idea why! They were usually "back to back" houses (one room deep and one room wide, typically on three floors, with another 3-floor property backed on to each) with shared yards and outside toilets. Here is a photo of back-to-back houses in the city centre. I was actually born in a back-to-back house at Woodland View - I'm the littlest one in the 1951 photo!

• 6 months later...
...The weedon street link says weedon street wicker area that is not atterclife.
Weedon Street is not actually in Attercliffe. It is in Brightside, and there has only ever been one Weedon Street in Sheffield. The "Wicker area" note must be a mistake made by whoever gave the location on the website.

Weedon Street is not actually in Attercliffe. It is in Brightside,sorry but you are nearly right weedon street starts at Sheffield road the A6178,and finshes at Meadowhall road A6109 formanly Brightside lane.

So its starts a the bottom of the cliff and finishes at Brightside.