Weedon street Attercliffe

:)

...my great grandparents address comes up as bright street court 21 we have tried to find out just where these houses were...

Hi cleegirl - Court 21 was on the north side of Bright Street, not far from the junction with Weedon Street. Here is a link to a map on the sheffieldhistory.co.uk site - if you click on the right-hand side of the map to enlarge it, you can just see "Court 21" at the far right, near the figure "902" in the margin. There is a terrace of houses with numbers from 343 to 349+ Bright Street, and backing on to these are Nos. 3, 4, 5 etc. in Court 21. The entrance to Court 21 was evidently just off the map. Here also is a scan from the 1925 Kelly's Directory showing the location of Court 21.

As I previously wrote, the occupants of "court" houses were not listed by Kelly's, and I don't know your great-grandparents' surname or when they lived there, but the 1911 census return shows householders with these names in Court 21, Bright Street:

No 3 - Ernest Harrison

No 4 - Hannah Wise

No 5 - Henry Figg

No 6 - Alfred Bruce

No 7 - Henry J. Fletcher & Fanny Hanson

Postscript - a Sheffieldhistory.co.uk member kindly posted a map showing just where Court 21 was in relation to the end of Bright Street - here is a scan. :)

Edited by hillsbro