2015 Sheffield Election Results

You have to hand it to Dave he's had to struggle to get to where he's at now. Nice to see we live in a meritocracy when even an Eton Bullingdon Club Boy and a cousin of the royal family can make it to Prime Minister against all the odds, it shows you what hard work can achieve

Makes you realise anybody could do it in Britain.

Congratulations to Wills and Kate for having the sheer brilliance to have a baby.

God loves em

Long live the meritocratic society that is Britain

Except you have'nt.

In the aftermath of all this I'm considering a cheeky tenner on Dan Jarvis to be the next PM. Has impressed me when I've seen him on telly (admittedly not loads) and I think someone with a background like that would be a breath of fresh air for the system.

Not quite - the Greens gained the seat of Broomhill, but lost the central seat, so they haven't really gained at all, just maintained a single seat on the council. I believe that UKIP however have gained a seat where they didn't have one before, though I could be wrong on that.

The Greens actually have FOUR seats on the Council, the same total as before the election but now 2 in Central ward and 2 in Broomhill.

I think (but don't quote me) UKIP won one extra seat from Labour and Labour won one from the Lib-Dems.

The Greens actually have FOUR seats on the Council, the same total as before the election but now 2 in Central ward and 2 in Broomhill.

I think (but don't quote me) UKIP won one extra seat from Labour and Labour won one from the Lib-Dems.

I hope you're right. We need to break the stranglehold Labour have on the Councill.

Just done some calculations on turnout for Sheffield seats. Hallam had one of the highest in the country at 75%, although only in Scotland was 80% beaten. One or two seats had under 50%

In the 4 Labour held Sheffield seats turnout was 60% or less. If Abstain was on the ballot paper, and that was recorded as the vote of all those who didn’t vote, Abstain would have won all 4 with healthy majorities.

In the Hallam constituency, just held by LibDem, Abstain would have come 3rd.

What conclusions should we draw from this? It would be inflammatory to say that if Abstain won, that constituency should have no MP for that Parliament - or maybe that would encourage more folks into the polling booths?