Parachute payments Balls and co.

Again, show me the figures, I think you will find that is a gross exaggeration as well, with 779 seats for life I don't think it will readily accommodate the 100+ ousted MPs each year, do you?

Some of em are dead, they sit there nodding off picking up the dosh for so long that no one even notices .

Plus the hundreds who end up in the house of Lords on big expenses .

These "poor" Lords can only claim £300 per day. Wonder how they will live on that, I feel really sorry for them. Of course when they have signed in it will be off to the private clubs for many of them.

Pity the Lords don't feel really sorry for the less well off in our country, some who have to "live" on well below £100 a week.

But ey up we are all in it together - arn't we?.

Angel1.

in other words, yeah, as usual we're in it together, we get the sack we barely get any help, they get the sack and get tens of thousands in resettlement and housing "costs" :P

They get booted out, yet still keep their seat on the Gravy Train. :hihi:

Do they? I'm not going to do the sums in detail, but each general election around at least 100 MPs lose their jobs, I'd reckon, that is 200 since 2010 alone. Kinnock was ousted in 92 and appointed for a 4 year job in Europe in 95, also nothing to do with corruption. Don't know who Leon Britton is, other than a Swansea footballer, but your sample-size of two does not seem so convincing. Assuming he is from a similar era there will have been around 800 MPs ousted and you come up with 2 that ended up in Europe.

For a know it all I,m surprised you have never heard of Leon Britton ,but I bow to your superior knowledge,my point being that most of ex parliamentarians always land on their feet!.Most politicians tell you what you want to hear,promise you the earth then after being elected its up yours,am I too cynical,I don,t think so!.

in other words, yeah, as usual we're in it together, we get the sack we barely get any help, they get the sack and get tens of thousands in resettlement and housing "costs" :P

Lots of people get resettlement packages as part of their contract. Remember a fair wack of the money goes to covering expenses such as paying staff off and closing offices down.

Lots of people get resettlement packages as part of their contract. Remember a fair wack of the money goes to covering expenses such as paying staff off and closing offices down.

Yes, you see em all signing on down West Street:hihi: