Right To Buy HA legal challenge

I don't understand your point. You claimed that WW2 massively reduced the population, and that it decreased the birth rate. Neither of these were true. In reality it reduced the housing stock more than the population (4 times as much), and the birth rate shot up.

Now you're talking about the rebuilding of 2 million houses. Well, yes, building or rebuilding 2 million houses will increase the supply of houses. You're just stating the obvious.

There were not less people needing homes though, as many of the young men killed would never have owned their own homes. They left their parents homes to join the army, and then died.

If the war hadn't happened, 500k people wouldn't have died, 2,000k houses wouldn't have been destroyed, and a huge birth rate spike wouldn't have occurred.

Less immigration does NOT mean less population overall. It means a population lower than the alternative, but still MORE than today.

I don't understand your point. You claimed that WW2 massively reduced the population, and that it decreased the birth rate. Neither of these were true. In reality it reduced the housing stock more than the population (4 times as much), and the birth rate shot up.

Now you're talking about the rebuilding of 2 million houses. Well, yes, building or rebuilding 2 million houses will increase the supply of houses. You're just stating the obvious.

There were not less people needing homes though, as many of the young men killed would never have owned their own homes. They left their parents homes to join the army, and then died.

If the war hadn't happened, 500k people wouldn't have died, 2,000k houses wouldn't have been destroyed, and a huge birth rate spike wouldn't have occurred.

Less immigration does NOT mean less population overall. It means a population lower than the alternative, but still MORE than today.

We are just going round in circles and so I will leave it there.

Have a good afternoon.

The fact is that 500k people died, but 2 million houses disappeared. The immediate effect of that is to reduce supply by more than demand, thus the situation was made worse.

Less immigration means less growth in population. Not less population.

Unless all the growth is the result of immigration.

Study says 84% of population growth between 2001 and 2012 - or 3.8 million was due to migration, once births by foreign mothers were factored in, if you also factor in second and third generation births it is very likley to account for all our population growth.

Are you talking about reducing immigration to zero then?

And will that stop 2nd and 3rd generation births to people already here?

I wasn't talking about reducing immigration at all, just pointing out the UK population growth is the result of immigration, without which the population would have been in decline.

I would like to see it fall from 500,000ish a year to 200,000ish a year resulting in a negative net figure.

Negative net immigration? That wouldn't make negative net population growth though.

That would depend on how negative it was, but with current birth rates 150,000 more leaving than arriving would indeed cause the population to decline.