Right To Buy HA legal challenge

Here's a thought. The increased availability of private rentals supports increases in immigration. Most immigrants come here to work and they are in a position to pay private rents. The more private rented property the more immigrants can be supported.

1. If the HA houses are destined to fall into private landlords' hands then what is really happening ius the government keeping the supply tap open to provide homes for immigrants 5-10 years down the line

2. Its dawned on me that the importance of the private landlord is what I just described. They are critical for housing immigrants and reshaping the profile of the housing supply to do so. Its one of the reasons they will be supported.

Maybe its all starting to make sense.......

Ha ha ha. Blame landlords for everything.

I hope you are aware that Hitler and Goering had a couple of HMOs which they let out before they decided to do something a little more respectable like invade Poland.

They passed their HMOs to Thatcher and Tebbit to torture the unemployed in to gain information.

Ha ha ha. Blame landlords for everything.

I hope you are aware that Hitler and Goering had a couple of HMOs which they let out before they decided to do something a little more respectable like invade Poland.

They passed their HMOs to Thatcher and Tebbit to torture the unemployed in to gain information.

No, I don't actually blame the landlords for taking advantage of the opportunities available. I wouldn't become a landlord for various reasons but I totally understand why people do. I was commenting more on why the governments over the past decade or so have been working to increase the pool of private rentals. One answer is obvious - immigrants need somewhere to live. The Tories are now working to keep the tap flowing 5-10 years into the future.

I was commenting more on why the governments over the past decade or so have been working to increase the pool of private rentals. One answer is obvious - immigrants need somewhere to live. The Tories are now working to keep the tap flowing 5-10 years into the future.

Are the previous governments bright enough to plan more rented accommodation for immigrants, or was it just luck?

No, I don't actually blame the landlords for taking advantage of the opportunities available. I wouldn't become a landlord for various reasons but I totally understand why people do. I was commenting more on why the governments over the past decade or so have been working to increase the pool of private rentals. One answer is obvious - immigrants need somewhere to live. The Tories are now working to keep the tap flowing 5-10 years into the future.

This is bizarre logic. You are blaming the tories for all the immigration that Labour encouraged over the years? And that they are encouraging private landlords to help increase immigration????

Is this what you're saying?

This is bizarre logic. You are blaming the tories for all the immigration that Labour encouraged over the years? And that they are encouraging private landlords to help increase immigration????

Is this what you're saying?

Yes, exactly.

Labour started the policy. Tories have continued it.

Immigrants need somewhere to live. Private rental is the only option. The Tories are creating a situation where potentially hundreds of thousands of properties will be released onto the private market and be saleable in 5-10 years. If current trends continue they will be bought by private landlords and rented to immigrants.

How can you not see that the two things dovetail perfectly?

Yes, exactly.

Labour started the policy. Tories have continued it.

Immigrants need somewhere to live. Private rental is the only option. The Tories are creating a situation where potentially hundreds of thousands of properties will be released onto the private market and be saleable in 5-10 years. If current trends continue they will be bought by private landlords and rented to immigrants.

How can you not see that the two things dovetail perfectly?

I've heard it all now

Are the previous governments bright enough to plan more rented accommodation for immigrants, or was it just luck?

I don't think a population increase of millions happens by accident. At the end of the day they don't/can't buy houses when they arrive, they can only be allocated social housing in extreme situations and that leaves private rental as the only option really.

Those right wing-voting immigrant-hating landlords are facilitators for something they hate.

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 22:14 ----------

I've heard it all now

The logic is straightforward. Sorry if it's tough to take.

I don't think a population increase of millions happens by accident. At the end of the day they don't/can't buy houses when they arrive, they can only be allocated social housing in extreme situations and that leaves private rental as the only option really.

Those right wing-voting immigrant-hating landlords are facilitators for something they hate.

---------- Post added 03-06-2015 at 22:14 ----------

The logic is straightforward. Sorry if it's tough to take.

No it isn't. It's miles off. It's crackpot.

It's trying to blame the Tories and landlords for something for political ends. to try to turn things upside down. Against the truth. It's barely worth addressing it's so loony

No it isn't. It's miles off. It's crackpot.

It's trying to blame the Tories and landlords for something for political ends. to try to turn things upside down. Against the truth. It's barely worth addressing it's so loony

You might think it's loony but it's what happening. We have near record immigration and private landlords are providing the new arrivals with housing. Releasing homes from HA control brings more private rentals on stream in 5-10 years. All fits together quite neatly really.

We all know that despite weasel words about controlling EU immigration the Tories did nothing, and let in more immigrants from non-EU countries. Forget retorting with a Labour jibe - I don't support them.