Right To Buy HA legal challenge

Why not, after all whats sauce for the goose etc.... Why stop there? Camaloon will not be happy until ALL social housing or rented housing is gone and if you cant afford to buy? Well there are plenty of bridges to live under

Indeed. It's the next logical step.

Buy to let landlord's property is privately owned just like the housing stock owned by many housing associations and charities.

Imagine the squeals. Just imagine. :)

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 21:57 ----------

But the houses are still there right? Providing accommodation to a family still right? So where is the problem?

None, if the people who buy them lintent to live in them. Big problem if they get into the hands of speculative investors though. Next thing you know the houses are HMOs for all manner of beasties from eastern Europe.

---------- Post added 27-05-2015 at 21:59 ----------

For the future we are going to need some einstein-rosen bridges. :)

Nope, just more houses built in the right places will do.

Personally, I think it is a good policy. If they do as they say. ie provide a new property for all that are sold.. Social Housing needs a massive rethink. I don't think any more estates should be built. HA's should buy properties on new private developments.

Personally, I think it is a good policy. If they do as they say. ie provide a new property for all that are sold.. Social Housing needs a massive rethink. I don't think any more estates should be built. HA's should buy properties on new private developments.

Are you Ok with the property forceably taken away from the owner? Albeit for some compensation.

The amount of rental properties goes down but also the number of people wanting to rent goers down. Each rental property sold reduces the number wanting to rent by one.

Really?? There are NO new people wanting rented housing? No children wanting to leave home? no divorces creating double families?? no immigrants, legal or otherwise??? How has that happened? Population growth has ended? Excellent news. Oh, hang on.....

The problem is that most of the suitable places to build houses are also the most suitable place to produce food.

Most? Not really. We have loads of agricultural land sat idle while farmers cream off EU subsidies for leaving it idle.

It's about getting a balance. Use some of it. Leave most of it alone.

What would they do if the house wasn't sold, its not like they can live in it whilst its occupied by a tenant that can't afford to buy an house at today's full market value.

No, but eventually that tenant will move on somewhere and release the RENTED house back into the pool, but if its been sold then it vanishes forever for those who need social housing and cant afford to be tories

Done right it's an opportunity to offload some stock in the wrong areas and build new stock in more appropriate areas. Somehow I don't think that is quite what the plan is.