Manzil is back!

Have been loyal customers for years and were gutted a year or so back when they seemed to close down overnight. Pretty soon a new sign went up and they started trading under a different name (which escapes me at the moment). We gave it a go, and disappointed doesn't come close. For possibly, the first time ever, our much anticipated curry went straight in the bin!

A couple of weeks ago we noticed the Manzil sign was back up again and cautiously, bin at the ready, we gave it a go last night. Pleased to say it seemed to be back to the old standards and will definitely going back!

Seems odd that an apparently successful business gets taken over for a year, then goes back to it's former state. Anyone have any info?

• 2 weeks later...

So did it undergo a change of ownership then when the name changed from Manzil?

If so, that might explain the change of standards.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the place on Ecclesall Road? It was one of the first Indian restaurants in Sheffield, back in the 1970's. I thought it had been closed down for decades? But maybe I got the wrong place?

So did it undergo a change of ownership then when the name changed from Manzil?

If so, that might explain the change of standards.

Yes, possibly, but what's curious is that it now seems to have changed back.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the place on Ecclesall Road? It was one of the first Indian restaurants in Sheffield, back in the 1970's. I thought it had been closed down for decades? But maybe I got the wrong place?

No, I'm talking about the takeaway in Broomhill, at the bottom of Crookes road near the 52 bus stop.