The Scottish Question.

It's started.

No powers given to them will be enough.

Every Government action re: Scotland will be arrogant, "appalling and anti-democratic".

Cameron and the Tory party will reap what they sowed. I don't think they care afterall the loss of 56 SNP, 1 Labour and 1 Lib-Dem MP's from Westminster will make them more secure.

You seem to have missed the fact that we just had an election in which Labour lost 98% of its Scottish seats, The Libdems lost 90% of theirs and the Tories lost none at all. The Tories might have cared rather more when Labour had 40 odd MPs north of the border but even then they campaigned rather hard to keep them. Now I think they are content to wallow in Labour's huniliation.

Edited by evil woman

Too much fuss is being made over Scotland, its only a country of 5 or so million, 58 or 59 MP's is the most it can possibly get. It needs to be put back in its place, if they dot like it and leave it wont be the end of the world, we'll just point and laugh as the country falls apart and becomes a Russian satellite state.

*removes tongue from cheek*

Don't forget they have more MP's per head of population than we do in England, so they are overly represented in the house of commons too.

1. He represents the United Kingdom as its Prime Minister.

2. There is no such thing as the UNIONIST party.

Both Cameron and Churchill were/are both members of the Conservative and Unionist Party. It's their official name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_Party_%28UK%29

Just in case you don't bother to look it up. They took the name when . . .

"The widening of the electoral franchise in the 19th century forced the Conservative Party to popularise its approach."

Good old tory's, Divide and Rule, they will do whatever they need to to stay on top of the pile and damn the consequences. Always have and always will.

1. He represents the United Kingdom as its Prime Minister.

2. There is no such thing as the UNIONIST party.

Yes there is.

Cameron is the leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party.

---------- Post added 15-05-2015 at 15:35 ----------

Bah! Too late!

I don't see how Scotland being independent would be a problem. Seems to be like everyone would be happier, on both sides of the border. Scotland would be like Ireland

Pretty sure the Irish economy collapsed recently???

Collapsed despite support from the EU - which Scotland would not have if it went independant.

Had Scotland gone independent you would have seen a swift exit of the UK navy (obviously) along with most of the business to do with them.

Most of it would move down south to get back in the UK.

Heavy industry would take a massive hit, add to that the ever dwindling oil situation and you'll see tens of thousands of jobs disappearing in a short time.

The longer the 'Scottish Question' drags on the worse the idea looks IMO.

Edited by geared

Both Cameron and Churchill were/are both members of the Conservative and Unionist Party. It's their official name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_Party_%28UK%29

Just in case you don't bother to look it up. They took the name when . . .

"The widening of the electoral franchise in the 19th century forced the Conservative Party to popularise its approach."

Good old tory's, Divide and Rule, they will do whatever they need to to stay on top of the pile and damn the consequences. Always have and always will.

You sound bigoted and bitter. You do know you can change.

On the subject of the real name of the conservatives, I assumed that you where referring to the DUP or other Unions parties in the UK. It was an easy mistake to make, but I was wrong.

I don't see how your opinion becomes fact about how Cameron is going to deal with the SNP. The fact that he has said he is the PM of the entire nation, would suggest to me and most sane people he is not interested in seeing Scotland leave the union.

It seems to me that the Scottish referendum voted to stay united with England was mainly because they were promised the earth by all the other parties. Which as far as I can see has not come to fruition. In a word, they were duped.

The general election and the total dominance by the SNP is purely and simply a realisation that they were duped and so didn't vote for anyone else (with one exception) except the SNP. It's a backlash at being made to feel fools in the referendum....Remember the Queen 'Purring' quote by Cameron?

Edited by PeteMorris

It seems to me that the Scottish referendum voted to stay united with England was mainly because they were promised the earth by all the other parties. Which as far as I can see has not come to fruition. In a word, they were duped.

The general election and the total dominance by the SNP is purely and simply a realisation that they were duped and so didn't vote for anyone else (with one exception) except the SNP. It's a backlash at being made to feel fools in the referendum....Remember the Queen 'Purring' quote by Cameron?

How much do you reckon could have been done in the 6 months or so since the referendum? Genuine question..

You sound bigoted and bitter. You do know you can change.

On the subject of the real name of the conservatives, I assumed that you where referring to the DUP or other Unions parties in the UK. It was an easy mistake to make, but I was wrong.

I don't see how your opinion becomes fact about how Cameron is going to deal with the SNP. The fact that he has said he is the PM of the entire nation, would suggest to me and most sane people he is not interested in seeing Scotland leave the union.

I havn't an opinion about how Cameron is going to deal with the SNP, but he hasn't started very well. What I have said is that he has demonised the Scottish people in the election campaign which is not a good starting point for uniting the UK.

Of course he is the PM of the entire nation (bleedin' obvious). What he 'suggests' is a classic smoke and mirrors politicians quote. Even if your interpretation is right just because Cameron says something don't mean he is going to achieve it.

"Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope." Paraphrased quote of St. Francis of Assisi, after Thatcher won election in 1979

......................................what a joke that was.