The Scottish Question.

...from my reply 49 - "Even though the SNP campaign manifesto clearly said that it wasn't a referendum their name cannot be denied."

So at least we agree on that.

Dave's quotes speak for themselves.

"frightening"

"calamitous"

"would not care what happened in the rest of the country"

"break up our country"

...from my reply 49 - "Even though the SNP campaign manifesto clearly said that it wasn't a referendum their name cannot be denied."

So at least we agree on that.

Dave's quotes speak for themselves.

"frightening"

"calamitous"

"would not care what happened in the rest of the country"

"break up our country"

The SNP do want to break up the UK... I certainly don't see the other comments as demonising..

The SNP do want to break up the UK... I certainly don't see the other comments as demonising..

I think the SNP is the most dangerous party in British Politics to date, ahead of Sinn Fein, but you cant demonize them, that just feeds their own ego. You have to take them head on and convince the Scottish people that the UK is better with then and Scotland is better with the UK.

I think the SNP is the most dangerous party in British Politics to date, ahead of Sinn Fein.

They were democratically elected :huh:

They're no more 'dangerous' than the Tories.....You think the budget coming up soon, is going to be all sweetness and light?....

I think the sooner the Scots go away the better off we will be. They seem to feel more at home with the celtic fringe than with the other nation that has supported them through thick and thin for 300 years and the past few years of moaning and groaning blaming everything on Westminster and the English is getting wearisome.

I think most Scots hate us, if you doubt this go to the Edinburgh tattoo and listen to them once the name of England is mentioned. They boo, loudly, we under rate the depth of their emotion when they support any other sports team that plays against us.

Enough is enough, they are a small country, more comfortable with other small countries. Let them get on their way like their Irish cousins, those Irish cousins that so badly mishandled their economy that we had to bail them out to the tune of £7billion when they went bust a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the sooner the Scots go away the better off we will be. They seem to feel more at home with the celtic fringe than with the other nation that has supported them through thick and thin for 300 years and the past few years of moaning and groaning blaming everything on Westminster and the English is getting wearisome.

I think most Scots hate us, if you doubt this go to the Edinburgh tattoo and listen to them once the name of England is mentioned. They boo, loudly, we under rate the depth of their emotion when they support any other sports team that plays against us.

Enough is enough, they are a small country, more comfortable with other small countries. Let them get on their way like their Irish cousins, those Irish cousins that so badly mishandled their economy that we had to bail them out to the tune of £7billion when they went bust a few years ago.

You sound quite bitter about it and the Scots ,imo, would find your language and attitude horribly arrogant. I suppose you don't care.

I do. The sum of us all is greater than the addition of the parts. The Scottish have enriched our community since the 17th century and before.

"The Scotland Bill may give them the right to veto the Human Rights Act repeal". No wonder Sturgeon wanted Cameron as PM. It would be no good agreeing with the government all the time, even though they would find something to disagree with if labour had won.