Good old conservatives

But you could be served notice tomorrow and have to leave in 2 months time.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 10:40 ----------

I'm sure you do consider it to be a home yes.

Do you decorate? Do you modernise? Would you ever have a new kitchen fitted?

The guarantee of tenure in a council house means that people DO do these things. It's manifestly different to private renting. I'm not making some kind of controversial claim here, what is your argument, do you believe council/private renting to be identical?

And? I could find somewhere new within two months no bother.

No need to decorate or fit a new kitchen, that's the responsibility of the landlord. My landlord even lets me choose the paint. You'd have to define "modernise" more before I can comment on that.

Do people who rent council houses put in their own kitchens?

What exactly is wrong with the bedroom tax anyway? Just because a someone bought up a family in a council house should it mean that they should keep it once their children have grown up? Or they move into a property that has more rooms than they need?

This isn't right wing thinking but simply common sense. You want a nice big house then get off your backside and earn the right

I understand the arguments in favour of this benefit cut relating to large houses. However the reason I oppose it is practically it doesnt work. Say a family reduces in size (ie kid moves out etc). There is not enough smaller houses for them to move into. So they simply have to put up with the cut in benefit. It doesnt solve a problem other than reducing the benefit bill at the expense of the claimant.

As for reducing family sizes I'm all for it. There are people that have kids and never think how they are going to pay for them. You only need to watch Jeremy Kyle each day.

Aren't private tenants already limited to what they can get via HB?

Yes you are. The rates are set by the local councils not central government too and only cover part of the cost to rent anything over a 1 bedroom property anyway.

Just seen that the new Conservative disabilities minister has a "record of voting against provisions that would see more support directed to the disabled and sick".

As if people with disabilities didn't have it tough enough already :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-camerons-new-disabilities-minister-voted-against-protecting-disabled-childrens-benefits-10246049.html