"I've paid into the system!"

"I do get rather frustrated that my taxes are being used however the government deems fit.

All that said, I would rather pay my taxes and contribute to the 'pot' along with millions of other tax payers in my position"

It was obvious, she has some frustration, but ultimately doesn't concern herself that much as to the apportioning, as she's aware she's fortunate.

Sometimes Cyclone, your multi-quote argumentlist wrangling is really derailing to a thread.

All I did was ask a question. She could have just answered it.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 11:08 ----------

Oh you're here look!

Wondered how long until you popped up asking ridiculous questions.

The answer is NO.

I like what you did though.. You took the first part of my post and 'quoted' it, but left out the second part of my post which is where i explain i'd rather be in my position, paying my taxes and it going to whoever needs it! i never mentioned anything about the government writing to me with an expenditure form asking me to inform them where i think my taxes should be spent.

This reply to my question is what derailed the thread if anything.

Instead of answering the question (and explaining) I'm personally attacked for having the temerity to read what has been written and ask something about it.

Then it finishes with a paragraph denying that she said what she said, flying in the face of reality since the words are still there.

All I did was ask a question. She could have just answered it.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 11:08 ----------

This reply to my question is what derailed the thread if anything.

Instead of answering the question (and explaining) I'm personally attacked for having the temerity to read what has been written and ask something about it.

Then it finishes with a paragraph denying that she said what she said, flying in the face of reality since the words are still there.

You really are quite something Cyclone. I'm in admiration :love:

You said do I think the government should ask me what to spend my taxes on. I said No.

I also said that I didn't state that I should be informed OR being given the responsibility of choosing where my taxes go.

I clearly, and for all to see! said I sometimes feel frustrated.

The reason I didn't want to go into full details is because, no matter what I would have said, no matter what my reasoning for being frustrated, YOU cyclone would have dissected my post and asked me questions that have no relevance to what I have said.

As said previously to you, I lack the patience to go into it with you.

Edited by Chelle-82

I'm wondering....has Cyclone ever got into it with Smithy?

I don't think he can have because that thread would end up so large so as to break the internets.

Can only assume that they both take the humanitarian line and steer clear of each other. For all our sakes.

You really are quite something Cyclone. I'm in admiration :love:

You said do I think the government should ask me what to spend my taxes on. I said No.

I also said that I didn't state that I should be informed OR being given the responsibility of choosing where my taxes go.

I clearly, and for all to see! said I sometimes feel frustrated.

The reason I didn't want to go into full details is because, no matter what I would have said, no matter what my reasoning for being frustrated, YOU cyclone would have dissected my post and asked me questions that have no relevance to what I have said.

As said previously to you, I lack the patience to go into it with you.

And despite all that, it would probably have just been quicker to answer than to attack me for asking a simple question about what you'd said.

Personally, I expect government to spend taxes as they see fit. That's precisely what they're elected for. It's the job description. That's my opinion of course.

And despite all that, it would probably have just been quicker to answer than to attack me for asking a simple question about what you'd said.

Personally, I expect government to spend taxes as they see fit. That's precisely what they're elected for. It's the job description. That's my opinion of course.

You two still arguing? cant you just kiss and make up :love:

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 12:04 ----------

I don't think he can have because that thread would end up so large so as to break the internets.

Can only assume that they both take the humanitarian line and steer clear of each other. For all our sakes.

kofi annan is on his way:D

I'm going to give you a brief insight to my frustrations, this is personal so what I don't want you to do is put words into my mouth, try to make me out to be a liar or that I'm inept at answering your questions! I may not be very good at giving a full descriptive explanation that you expect from me.

My nan is 84 years old, she still works. She works 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. She is unable to retire as her pension will not cover the amount of money she requires to keep paying the rent on her home that she has lived in for over 56yrs. Apart from her pension she is not entitled to any other benefits. She has worked since the 1940's, with a brief spell in early 50's when she had her two son's. She has contributed to the tax system.

My brother who is in his 40's has worked since he left school. He worked part time until he was 30 and then he went full time as he wanted to earn extra money and found it difficult living off his part time hour wages. The only benefit he has claimed is an allowance towards travel expenses, which he only found he was entitled to when someone pointed it out to him when he was in his late 30's. He has contributed to the tax system. My brother has Cerebral Palsy.

My Friends Next door neighbour claims to have a bad back, his rent is paid for, he has been given a car and also receives money through the incapacity benefit. He has been doing this for over 10yrs. He works for his friend as a delivery driver, cash in hand. He does not contribute to the tax system.

My cousin weighs in at 36 stone, diabetic and claiming incapacity benefit. He has never worked and is now in his 40's. He sit's on his ever expanding backside complaining that there is going to be a benefit cut and he maybe affected! He hasn't contributed to the tax system.

I hope this goes someway in helping you understand my frustrations.

Not that I can do anything about it along with the other millions of tax payers because as you say, the government should spend it where they see fit.

TBH I expect governments to act in the best interests of all citizens and spend money where they see fit.

I don't get involved in individual cases, good luck to those people if they want to sponge off the system. Its the elected governments job to curb that, not mine.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 12:18 ----------

I'm going to give you a brief insight to my frustrations, this is personal so what I don't want you to do is put words into my mouth, try to make me out to be a liar or that I'm inept at answering your questions! I may not be very good at giving a full descriptive explanation that you expect from me.

My nan is 84 years old, she still works. She works 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. She is unable to retire as her pension will not cover the amount of money she requires to keep paying the rent on her home that she has lived in for over 56yrs. Apart from her pension she is not entitled to any other benefits. She has worked since the 1940's, with a brief spell in early 50's when she had her two son's. She has contributed to the tax system.

My brother who is in his 40's has worked since he left school. He worked part time until he was 30 and then he went full time as he wanted to earn extra money and found it difficult living off his part time hour wages. The only benefit he has claimed is an allowance towards travel expenses, which he only found he was entitled to when someone pointed it out to him when he was in his late 30's. He has contributed to the tax system. My brother has Cerebral Palsy.

My Friends Next door neighbour claims to have a bad back, his rent is paid for, he has been given a car and also receives money through the incapacity benefit. He has been doing this for over 10yrs. He works for his friend as a delivery driver, cash in hand. He does not contribute to the tax system.

My cousin weighs in at 36 stone, diabetic and claiming incapacity benefit. He has never worked and is now in his 40's. He sit's on his ever expanding backside complaining that there is going to be a benefit cut and he maybe affected! He hasn't contributed to the tax system.

I hope this goes someway in helping you understand my frustrations.

Not that I can do anything about it along with the other millions of tax payers because as you say, the government should spend it where they see fit.

With respect, getting frustrated about other people is not going to help. There maybe more to some of the cases (like the neighbours bad back one) that you don't know about....that's just gossip and chinese whispers IMO.

Fair enough Chelle, my only comment would be that you could report your friends scrounging neighbour, and I'd encourage you to do so. It's people who do that kind of thing that make it more difficult for the genuinely needy to get help.

Or Phil or Tony