Does a restaurant / Pub / Eatery get one shot to impress you?

I have better things to do with my life than revisit the same place when its that poor.

How can one muster up any enthusiasm with the expectation of shoddy service.

I recently visited a pub, one of the chains, order drinks and was advised of a one hour wait for food whilst they were pouring.

I politely advised i wasn't staying and left.

I recently booked(two months in advance) for a meal on May Day BH Monday, i got a phone call on the Friday prior advising they weren't open on BH, the customer service was crap. I was debating rebooking for the Tuesday but decided i wasn't going to be treated in that manner and told them to cancel my booking. I told them so and placed a review.This would have been our second visit after a fabulous first visit, but a venue needs to be consistent.They expect that from their service providers, i can assure you.

I'd probably look on TripAdvisor to see if anyone else had bad experiences. If not then I might give them a second chance.

I wouldn't be happy with the delay of an hour though. I'd expect to be told when I entered.

That's exactly what I did....and as I said the reports were somewhat mixed. Some absolutely glowing reports and some, not quite so good, and as it was local to me, I thought I'd give it a whirl. Trip advisor is quite easy to manipulate if you know what you're doing, and slightly misleading on occasions.

Or just use different restaurants in future. There are plenty of them about.

I dunno, everyone has a bad night and places cant get better if theyre not told. To use a public site, should be your last resort when complaining (basically due to be ignored by everyone in charge). Management we're probably aware that the kitchen service was slow, from staff feedback, but its the customers feedback that matters the most in these situations.

If I'm not happy, I ask to speak to the duty manager and let them know as soon as possible. Most of the time they're happy to hear about any issues raised directly to them.

That being said, its been years since I've had down right horrible service.

Only one place in the last year I was disappointed with, but thats because they claimed their menus was "North East American influenced" and was anything but. (I'm from the North East) The way the food is presented is my complaint, but thats something that down to me, rather than the restaurant.

I'd usually give a place a second chance, but probably wouldn't go back for 6 months or so if they weren't any good the first time around.

It's easier to forgive poor service as they can be busy/under-staffed, but forgiving poor food is much harder.

---------- Post added 12-05-2015 at 13:34 ----------

they claimed their menus was "North East American influenced" and was anything but. (I'm from the North East)

So deep fried sea-food then? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

So deep fried sea-food then? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Things like reuben sandwiches, matzah ball soup, fresh fish, etc. but thanks for trying to be oh so hilarious. :roll::roll:

Where I grew up we ate very little fried foods. A lot of fresh food such as:

hand made pizzas (it took almost 30 years for Dominos and Pizza Hut to really stick as they just couldnt compete) and baked pasta dishes

fish that had been caught that day (lobster, scallops, oysters, clams, flounder, etc)

greek (spinach pies, moussaka, gyros, etc),

jewish (matzah ball soup, briskets, and more)

deli sandwiches that would make subway run away in shame (notch subway started in Connecticut and NOT New York).

irish and puerto rican food as well.

Little fried food. Never had fried chicken until I was about 15/16? Never had a KFC until I was 23.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone else wanted to like a restaurant but just can't? There is a place that sells Ribs, wings, famous onion loaf (you get the drift) all the things I like. Been 3 times and it's been the worse food/experience/service I have ever had. Quite a few friends "rave" about it. I once ordered fajitas and the chicken was off! Burnt ribs another. And I have never eaten in a place which is so noisy. I suppose that's the design of the building. I even tried there other branch (Lincoln) and that was shocking too! It might sound weird but the menu looks amazing and it's all the foods I like