Ladyzone gone bust

Hello everyone

Just trying to find other members who are feeling as disgruntled as me about this situation. Understand all the branches have gone down the pan as the company was haemorrhaging money.

Anyone know anything further ?

Cheers

Sue

Plus what gym would forum members recommend now I have lost my money with this one ?

Hi I have been a member for just over a year and decided to pay up front as you got an additional month free so I only just renewed membership on 16 March. Gutted about losing the money but feel more sad over the staff who have only just found out they have no job and they are not getting paid. I would not have know if it hadn't been for one of their staff sat in her car outside the Ecclesall road branch just to let members know as they keep arriving. I thought this was lovely of her as she technically now has no job and owes the company no loyalty. It is just she cared and wanted to let members know the situation. Nothing is stated on the door so no one would have known anything otherwise.

Am gutted to hear this news. I use the Middlewood Road gym and had a text to say it wouldn't be opening on Friday (8th May) due to circumstances beyond their control, but didn't realise why. Haven't been able to go since last Thursday due to work commitments. There was no hint that this might happen then.Have paid fees up until September.

Gutted about losing the money but feel more sad over the staff who have only just found out they have no job and they are not getting paid.

The Government will pay any wages owing, redundancy entitlement and notice pay from the date the business finished I believe.

Hi I have been a member for just over a year and decided to pay up front as you got an additional month free so I only just renewed membership on 16 March. Gutted about losing the money but feel more sad over the staff who have only just found out they have no job and they are not getting paid. I would not have know if it hadn't been for one of their staff sat in her car outside the Ecclesall road branch just to let members know as they keep arriving. I thought this was lovely of her as she technically now has no job and owes the company no loyalty. It is just she cared and wanted to let members know the situation. Nothing is stated on the door so no one would have known anything otherwise.

I am really upset too. I had just paid one year's membership, one month ago! I am going to try Hallamshire Tennis Club Gym, at Hunters Bar as a visitor, for £4.00 a visit and you can join using Gym up to 3pm Mon -Fri and any time at weekends, for three months for £58. if I really like it I can then take out longer membership.

I think it is really sad as it offered something different for those wanting to exercise but scared/ nervous of the big boys. Also the 30 minute in and out was very convenient for lots of people. Anything that gets people moving more is a plus in my book.

Just to let you know a well kept secret. Underground Fitness, behind the Toby Carvery at Parkhead is offering a free week trial for those that would like to try it out. It is a lovely little family run gym with classes as well and if a 30 minute workout is what you want then we can sort it for you.

The telephone number is 0114 2353298. No hard sell as we only want people who want to be here. The gym is very quiet during the day and the team extremely helpful

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 11:39 ----------

Oh and if anyone knows the numbers of the staff I might be able to help them out with some hours or classes if they teach classes.

Probably something you've already done, but it maybe worth contacting your bank/credit card company. The same happened to me a few years ago with a gym in Heeley and I managed to get a partial refund through my credit card company